Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

All English games to be behind closed doors?

Comments

• I assume there will have to be a compensation scheme for the cost of away travel, covering at least the tickets and travel cost
  • Who needs stadium fans anyway?

TV fans are the real backers, they pay the money to Sky and BT that make the EPL the best league in the world.

So old fashioned to expect superstars to share space with plebs.

TV only games are the future.
  • Who needs stadium fans anyway?

TV fans are the real backers, they pay the money to Sky and BT that make the EPL the best league in the world.

So old fashioned to expect superstars to share space with plebs.

TV only games are the future.
    I heard earlier that they would ban pubs showing them as well.
  • Supposedly can stream if you have a ticket but not for Saturday 3pms. 

1. Is that because they need to change the law to do so and can’t be bothered to with needing to get the budget through?

2. More importantly, presumably our cash will run out even sooner than southall’s already implausible projections. I really fear for us
  • Why did the Liverpool game get played? 3000 Spanish fans Came over and Madrid has been one of the hardest hit cities in Spain
  • Been watching a bit of Serie A this week, where they’re already playing behind closed doors. It’s weird - all echoey and you can hear the players and mangers shouting at each other. Makes it feel like a friendly or training match.

The Premier League, and probably Championship, clubs will all survive it, but if the ban were to last too long, I could see the lost revenue driving some clubs, further down the leagues, to the wall. 
  • if the issue with corona virus is this bad they should surely be postponing all football not playing behind closed doors. In addition they should be cancelling every event UK wide where more than 50 people are gathered. 

This is going to cause other issues look at PSG and Valencia thousands turned up any way. Can you honestly see Liverpool fans accepting that win they win the title for the first time in 30 years they will not be allowed to be there? . 

it sounds are though we will be able to watch on I follow but it’s not the same and will it be able to cope with millions all logging to watch at the same time.

I feel this shows total disregard to fans who travel around the country week in week out.

the premier league doesn’t give  a toss about the fans as long as they can broadcast their games abroad and continue to rake in their cash. 

Postpone the games then play Saturday midweek when it’s back the league would be finished in four weeks. Start next season later to accommodate and have no league cup and a couple more mid week games. 
  • Was pointless last night in the PSG game.

Fans banned yet thousands turned up outside the stadium, and then the players went outside to celebrate with them! Might as well have just kept the ground open.
  • F@ck me they were only telling us 2 days ago they see no reason to stop sporting events.
    C@nts
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2020
    I'm a bit relieved as I'm a bit anxious about Hull - not the football part but 7 hours on trains, possibly more if I fall asleep drunk  on the circle line again. 

They could have sent a more cautious message on Tuesday though! I bought my match ticket based on that. Hopefully behind closed doors means a simple refund rather than posting it back and phaffing about.  
  • Will be interesting to see what happens when significant numbers players start getting it.

Maybe the whole season will be abandoned?
  • Hopefully we'll be allowed to watch the games on iFollow especially if we've already got tickets / season tickets for the matches
  • To be fair, we are now in the phase of delaying the spread of the virus. One of the chief ways to delay it is to lock down transport and social gatherings so fewer people are exposed. I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen some time quite soon. I'm holding off buying extra QPR tickets for my mate until Monday just for this reason. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Unless they accelerate the matches and play every 2-3 days then I don't see the season finishing - before long players will start contracting it which will force entire squads into isolation and the fixtures won't get completed. 

I was all in favour of them freezing the season and declaring the current League positions final until we dropped into the relegation zone.  Now I say we must find a way to play on or void the entire thing.

• Already seen suggestions that the Euro's could be moved to 2021 instead, which a) gives the virus the chance to disappear and b) would then give leagues the chance to finish their 19/20 seasons into June.

It's still 3 months away but currently as things stand there is no chance the Euro's can go ahead.
  • If its that bad they need to shut the fucking schools, universities and colleges
  • This will be the end of the Saturday 3pm blackout. Sky must be licking their lips.
  • Croydon said:
    This will be the end of the Saturday 3pm blackout. Sky must be licking their lips.
    If that’s the case, then I hope they do something better than there efforts on the red button
  • If its that bad they need to shut the fucking schools, universities and colleges
    I’m doing a part time course at a university in London. Had 3 cases of the virus last week but it’s still business as usual.
  • You could guarantee the only time we’d beat them will be when none of us are there to witness/enjoy it.
    I’ll get my wife to lock me in the front room for an hour after the game for the genuine experience 
    And when Millwall score, some bloke you've never met before will start celebrating in your living room
    I didnt know there were educational establishments just for that activity. Would have changed my degree in a flash.