Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PLEASE READ: CharltonLife.com Site Maintenance (Completed)

Hi all,

On Thursday night I'll be making a necessary DNS change to the main domain, www.charltonlife.com. This will ensure that we keep the site as secure as it can possibly be. The change may result in some downtime when using the charltonlife.com URL, but charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com will not be affected. We expect everything to be working within a few hours at most, but if you encounter any issues on Friday, you should have no problem accessing the site via charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com.

Please note: contrary to specious and unfounded rumours, this has nothing to do with @AFKABartram finding out we've been paying £12,000 month for servers with blinking lights.

Comments

• Hopefully the club will also experience some downtime. Ideally about 30 years. 

• I bet you've just got yourself a new Range Rover, haven't you LoOKie? :wink:

• It will do us all good to detox from CL for a while .
  • Didn't know you got the luxury of blinking lights for a mere £12k a month.
  • edited March 2020
    Whatever you do fair play to all of you, must have been so difficult to moderate. Now just another restful night...This is metaphorically painful. 
  • Typical stasi admin limiting our free speech this way.

Bet the clique pages still work (just checked and yes, they'll be up and running throughout)
  • edited March 2020
    Hopefully it will be overnight UK time so will only have limited impact. We’ll confirm tomorrow afternoon what time we’ll be taking it offline
  • The CL mods in collusion with Matt Southall/Tahnoon Nimer {delete as applicable} to prevent us discussing his evil deeds
  • can we bring back the Takeover Thread.  Its services may be required again

• As with everything at this club, you couldn't have timed it better!
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this some kind of sick joke?
  • Odds of a Tahnoon Instagram posting which coincides?
  • Lockout out, what a absolute joke closing the website for a few hours in the middle of the night.

Probably a diversion while he takes 100k out of Charlton life to fund for a cheeky Rover from no other then Matt Southall. 
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Remember folks, this is Thursday night that this will happen. And you shouldn't have any issue with charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com. The site isn't actually going down, it's just he address that's being re-pointed.

Can't do it tonight cos I'm dropping off my Range Rover to the detailers. Fitting new limo tint and changing the plates. 
    Then off to an all night party at Southall's luxury pad no doubt

Double 7ups all round  B)
  • Yeah turn it off now, I ruddy dare ya 😉
  • Just a reminder of this later tonight. Hopefully very little impact but please note the alternative address in the opening post that should continue working throughout.

Any major issues (@Lookout has been on the run and cocks it up) and we are offline in the morning, updates will be put on the CharltonLife Twitter and Facebook pages so please follow or like those.

cheers all
  • Can this not be delayed? Just finished work and have 1400 comments to read.
  • Please extend it to 24 hours at least. Not sure if I can take much more!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can this not be delayed? Just finished work and have 1400 comments to read.
    Only 1400 posts to catch up on? You're one of the lucky ones. Some of us have got more than that to read.

Anyway, you've got 2 and a half hours left to read them - so you'd better get cracking! :smile:
  • I got dumped out of the normal site at around 10pm, I assumed you had started work already and moved over already!
  • Oggy Red said:
    Can this not be delayed? Just finished work and have 1400 comments to read.
    Only 1400 posts to catch up on? You're one of the lucky ones. Some of us have got more than that to read.

Anyway, you've got 2 and a half hours left to read them - so you'd better get cracking! :smile:
    Done. Crack on 😀
  • Changes made. The DNS changes will begin to filter through the various servers around the world now in a process which will take hours. Again, any issues, use charltonlife.vanillacomunity.com and keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
  • Sorry to be a pain but I’m having trouble viewing the site on my iPhone this morning. Pages loading really slowly and sometimes not at all. The shenanigans thread is particularly badly affected. I’m trying to catch up at pages 160 onwards. 
  • Nono problem on my iPhone 
  • Seems to be working ok now. Sorry for the alarm. 
  • Hey, LoOKie ..... well done for sorting the maintenance issue so quickly.

But any chance of being able to sort the bug in the 'quote' box, please?
    It's a real pain.

Sorry to ask.

• Oggy Red said:
    Hey, LoOKie ..... well done for sorting the maintenance issue so quickly.

But any chance of being able to sort the bug in the 'quote' box, please?
    It's a real pain.

Sorry to ask.

This, it is a pain as you can see here.