Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another midfielder linked - Don Cowie of Inverness CT

edited January 2009 in Rumours
Rumoured to be interested in this guy. Sounds ok.

Don Cowie on way?

Comments

• Is he going to bring four and twenty friends? Could be a popular signing.
  • I do not like the look of him, although it could just be the kit he is wearing in the photo!
  • Scores a few goals (in the SPL) from midfield.

Idle paper speculation?

Proof that all our current 138 midfielders are all about to be sold?

Evidence that we have a strong scouting network that reaches to Scotland?

An agent trying to gee up Rangers to seal a deal by suggesting another club are in for him?

Answers on a postcard please
  • edited January 2009
    It may prove to be Henry that Holland, Ambrose and ZZ will not be here the start of next season whatever division we are in. Maybe Shelvey aswell :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]It proves Henry that Holland, Ambrose and ZZ will not be here the start of next season whatever division we are in. Maybe Shelvey aswell :-(

It 'proves' what you say....a bit of a sweeping statement that don't you think?
  • ammended Sound
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]ammended Sound

OK pete.
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]It may prove to be Henry that Holland, Ambrose and ZZ will not be here the start of next season whatever division we are in. Maybe Shelvey aswell :-(

Doubt it Cowie will be either but we shall see.

Resigned to losing ZZ either in this window or at the end of the season. Shame as a very good player and we'll gte no dosh if he doesn't go now. Ditto Ambrose although unless you play him behind the striker he's not effective.

Holland is too old IMHO now let alone next year but he did have a cracking game v Norwich in the Cup and would be a good influence in the dressing room especially if we have a lot of young players next year.

Don't know why but I think Shelvey is still going to be ours after his 17th birthday. You can come back and laugh at me when he signs for Man City but that's my gut instinct. How much longer we can hold on to him we shall have to wait and see but at least we'll get a proper transfer fee.
  • Say if a club offered cafc 2 million quid for Shelvey now are we allowed to take this money due to him being only 16.
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Say if a club offered cafc 2 million quid for Shelvey now are we allowed to take this money due to him being only 16.
    Why would a club do that when they could get him for less?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Say if a club offered cafc 2 million quid for Shelvey now are we allowed to take this money due to him being only 16.

Not sure.

I think so as Palace said they had turned down a fee for Bostock from Chelsea prior to Spurs taking him.

I can't see it happening but I know nuffin.
  • This is what my Caley mate has to say about Cowie:

He's very good, been in poor form lately but got real potential.
    He's only looking to leave 'cos Brewster is a real cnut and he's pissin every player off.
    None of our fans want him to leave. If he does go then I hope it's not to another SPL club. (although we will be 1st division by next season).

sounds like he's too good for us then!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    He's very good, been in poor form lately but got real potential.

Just the sort of player we need.

Along with our other 46 CentreMids.
  • Maybe Parky's got a new formation in mind - 9-1