Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent County Cup v Millwall 1965.

I have a programme for the final of the final of the Kent County Cup played at the Den on the 3rd May 1965. I didn’t go but my dad and my brother went. My brother can’t remember what the score was. I have a vague recollection that we won 5-1 but I may be mistaken about that. Can anyone on here enlighten me?

Comments

• Mametz said:
    I have a programme for the final of the final of the Kent County Cup played at the Den on the 3rd May 1965. I didn’t go but my dad and my brother went. My brother can’t remember what the score was. I have a vague recollection that we won 5-1 but I may be mistaken about that. Can anyone on here enlighten me?
    I think that's called "I. I. I," which is short for "Isolation Imagination Inflation" 
  • Mametz said:
    I think that's called "I. I. I," which is short for "Isolation Imagination Inflation" 
    Possibly, but someone on here must be able to give a definitive answer. It would be just like us to save up a 5-1 win for game like this.
  • edited March 2020
    5-0 (Elliott 2, Peacock 2, Glover)

I don't know who Elliott was, as he wasn't a first-team player. 
  • 5-0 (Elliott 2, Peacock 2, Glover)

I don't know who Elliott was, as he wasn't a first-team player. 
    I found this for Raymond Elliott:

One of several players recruited by then Exeter City coach, Jock Basford, from his former club, Charlton Athletic.

Elliott signed for the Grecians in March 1966, but was unable to stop the club being relegated to the Fourth Division.

Elliott had been an apprentice at Charlton, earning a full contract in June 1965, but he never played a league match for them, being a regular in their Football Combination team.

His Exeter debut came in a 2-0 defeat at York City and he only featured in three more games that season.

The following season Elliott scored three goals in 24 starts, before being released on a free transfer when he joined Poole Town for the 1967-68 season. He later had a spell with Yeovil Town.
  • Has the Larkfield coach arrived yet ?
  • Thanks everyone. I was on the right lines but it was even better than I thought.
  • Porky said:
    My dad took me to a kent cup final at the den in the early sixties ( can't remember the year) dear old dad was a millwall fan............and Charlton won 0-5.... I thought I like that team in red lol......we moved to shooters hill Rd shortly afterwards......and we could walk to the valley...............dear old dad took me to lots of home games......I was ruined......lol.....Charlton forever 👍
    My Grandad was Millwall, even sold a pair of trousers for a tanner as a kid to go see them.  However, I went to Charlton with him more times than Millwall, and that was for a Millwall Charlton game that we didn't lose.
  • Ray Elliott was a promising young centre forward, who suddenly fell out of favour as far as I recall. He scored regularly for the reserves and, although a bit lightweight, always looked on course to make it through to the first team. I don't know why he suddenly dropped down a level before ending up in non-League football.
  • Sponsored links:

• If memory serves me right at nearly 55 years distance Ray Elliott, Ray Keeley and the late Cliff Myers all found their way to Exeter from either our reserves or colts when Basford left.