Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Saudi Arabia's Newcastle-takeover-bid-whitewashes-crown-princes-abuses

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/23/money-trumping-values-saudi-arabias-newcastle-takeover-bid-whitewashes-crown-princes-abuses/

Would you be happy to have Charlton taken over by these people?

Come to that, would you rather have our new dodgy bloke from the UAE, even if he does put the money in, over Duchatelet?

Comments

• If this goes through it shows the fit and proper test to be a total joke (something we probably know already...)
  • Why is there issue with Newcastle United's Saudi owners yet nothing being said about Sheffield United's Saudi owners?
  • Newcastle's potential new owners seem really dodgy. I've no doubt the premier league will do a thorough investigation before allowing any deal to take place
  • Why is there issue with Newcastle United's Saudi owners yet nothing being said about Sheffield United's Saudi owners?
    it's not the fact they are Saudi but the ruling family in Saudi who are overseeing human rights abuses and are alleged to have ordered the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.
    it's not the fact they are Saudi but the ruling family in Saudi who are overseeing human rights abuses and are alleged to have ordered the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.
    But they have lots of money?
  • The premier league are as powerless  as the EFL it seems.

They can do searches on people and find impropriety along every step but still they can do nothing to stop any transaction.

They can however enforce strict penalties on the club should these chancers have the cheek to enter their shiny new play thing into league competition.

So as long as they buy the club and don't use it for football, they should be fine.

Fucking bonkers!

• They'll probably just be glad to get rid of Mike Ashley
    Cheers... I wasnt sure why as the bloke who owns Sheff Utd is a Saudi Prince
  • IdleHans said:
    They'll probably just be glad to get rid of Mike Ashley
    Sounds familiar 
  • Spurs will be pleased if they are successful as they want to appoint Mauricio Pochettino as manager and save Spurs millions
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope that all parties involved will sit down and have a rational, ethical and sustainable discussion on the matter and really think about the implications of letting a despotic oil and blood soaked cartel get their hands on one of our most famous football clubs...   Little bit of sick in my mouth writing that!
  • Think they'll just be looking at the pound signs.

• The only real consideration will be how big a slice of the Saudi money can I get? 😐