Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Socks.

Why isn't there a thread devoted to socks on this site?
I know it is a bit gender specific this, but men are said to have three obsessions, sex, socks, and shaving (can apply to women too) so where is it?
I will start by saying my socks are made of bamboo.

Comments

• Wibble.
  • Why does one of a pair still go missing during lockdown when you aren’t going out? Not hers only mine....I think I now have proof of the existence of the sock gnome. I’m writing to Kate Humble....
  • I hate wearing socks.

we've got a whole carrier bag full of odd socks at home, literally no one has barely been out the house for 9 weeks and still socks go missing between the washing basket and the machine
  • edited May 2020
    I thought I was weird as I can’t stand wearing socks (unless I’m wearing shoes), been like that for 67 years, directly shoes come off so do the socks. Winds the wife up beautifully 
  • My brother wears his socks inside out as a matter of policy. He says the toe seam is uncomfortable.
  • Oh crikey!
    I really hope @KillersBeard goes no where near this one 🙏🏻
  • I thought I was weird as I can’t stand wearing socks (unless I’m wearing shoes), been like that for 67 years, directly shoes come off so do the socks. Winds the wife up beautifully 
    Seconded. Socks are for wearing with shoes, although I’ve found a couple of pairs of shoes I can wear sockless. 
  • seth plum said:
    I know it is a bit gender specific this, but men are said to have three obsessions, sex, socks, and shaving (can apply to women too) so where is it?
    Mine too 
  • opened this thread thinking it was going to be about Bill Clinton's cat ….

my casual socks are bamboo, Seasalt one's, very comfy ….

• stonemuse said:
    seth plum said:
    Mine too 
    Some of mine are.
    I have posh socks,
    cycling socks,
    work socks,
    socks for long journeys and
    hiking socks.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    seth plum said:
    Mine too 
    Some of mine are.
    I have posh socks,
    cycling socks,
    work socks,
    hiking socks.
    Sock it to em Baldybonce! 
  • Confusion that never stops
    The closing walls and the missing socks.
    Gonna come back and take you home
    I could not stop that
    You now know.
  • stonemuse said:
    seth plum said:
    Mine too 
    Some of mine are.
    I have posh socks,
    cycling socks,
    work socks,
    hiking socks.
    That works with OFAH tune...👍
  • All this clement weather and working from home, the sock drawer ain't been opened for months.
    Apparently there's smart way to knock up a face mask from a single sock with just a couple of scissor cuts
  • I think I watched ‘Sex, socks & shaving’ back in the 70s.
  • edited May 2020
    Constantly have to pull my socks up as far as they'll go

Hate it I feel then slipping down by my ankles

Unless of course Im wearing trainer socks when out running 
  • Well, a revallation happened to me a few months ago.

I've been suffering from achilles tendinopathy for the best part of two years.  I've had ultrasound, a double-dose of cortizone injections, massage, physio, you name it I've bloody tried it.  My ankles used to swell so much no matter what socks I wore, I used to have the elastic mark around the bottom of my calves for 3hrs after taking them off.

I always had a thing for pulling my socks up as a kid, it  was almost an OCD thing.  Anyway, I could never wear loose socks.

My wife suggested a try diabetic socks.  Made of bamboo (like WTF?), they are loose but somehow they stay up.  They have no seams at all. Anti-bacterial, no odour at all no matter how long you've had them on and they are  so comfortable.  After wearing them for a couple of months, my achilles tendinopathy has finally gone.  TFFT.  Life changing socks.
  • After wearing your bamboo socks for 3 months I’m sure they will cure everything 😉
  • How have I missed out on the bamboo sock revolution?
  • Bamboo socks.

Type Swole Panda Bamboo Socks Underwear and Accessories comment
  • Sponsored links:

• I need to find some with more looser elastic at the top. All mine leave marks where they dig into my ankles. 
  • I need to find some with more looser elastic at the top. All mine leave marks where they dig into my ankles. 
    Could always do what your Dad does and cut them vertically at the top so they don’t then dig in but then again he’s paranoid about it due to the cellulitis he had. 
  • I am just a lost sock in the washing machine of life.