Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

March51's homemade crosswords

We found a load of paperwork this week as we were clearing out the garage. It turns out that, back when he worked for Lambeth Council, March51 spent a great deal of time not actually working. Rather, he was making his own crosswords. 

We haven't got the heart to thrown them out, so I figured I'd share one here. If just one person decides to print and complete this thing, then it wasn't wasted effort! Even if Lambeth Council were paying him to do these things (instead of sorting out the Brixton office as per his job). 

Comments

• Jimmy, what department did your Dad used to work for and when? There's a possibility my Dad used to be his boss :-)
  • aliwibble said:
    Jimmy, what department did your Dad used to work for and when? There's a possibility my Dad used to be his boss :-)
    He was something like a facilities manager in an office in Brixton. I forget the name of it... something house. A woman’s name maybe. Also, I know his boss was called Sally for a while! Who’s your dad? 
  • Found a slight bug in the clues - it's 78AC and 95AC, not 94AC.
  • Don't throw them out, JiMMy. They are a precious keepsake and won't take up much space to store.

I met your Dad Terry, and had some good chats with him. And plenty of banter on CL, of course.
    He loved his trains and trams. Proper Charlton!

• edited June 2020
    OK, I've had a go, and this is the best I can do without googling (except for the spelling of 3 down). The lower case letters are where I'm taking a bit of a punt. Also I think 28 across should be six letters not five:-)
    <br> raInBoW____E_#___R_ <br> _#N#A#I#_##LED#_#E#<br> DEDICATEDFOLLOWEROF<br> _#I#C#H#_##AL##_##A<br> __A_A_O____#_#BUCKS<br> _#N#R#U#_##TWO#_##H<br> EVA#ALTHEA##RUSS##I <br> ##w###Y#_____T#ALSO<br> S_a_H#O#_#_#_##NEON<br> I#n#E#_#___#_##DON# <br> LITTLE##_#_#RITA#ON <br> L#s#L##I##_##F#LIFE<br> Y#MYOLD#_#SCHOOLS#A <br> LEE#MAr___###U#E##N<br> O##LADY#_#MY#GUY##D <br> VIPERS#___A##H#WINE<br> E#U#Y#W#_#DUSTMAN#R<br> S_R_L_I__#O##T#Y##T<br> O#P#O#T###N__H#S__H <br> N#L#U#H___N##E##_#A<br> GrEy##O##_A_#L#WILL<br> S#H#_#U#####FAT#_#M<br> ##A#_#TOMORROW#___A <br> FIZZ#M#N##O#_###_#N<br> ATEENAGERIN#LEE#_## <br> T##P#NO###E###CHER#<br> HELP#SO#_#T###H#_##<br> E##E#Ad___T_#_O___#<br> R##L####_#E#####_##<br> #_TI___#_#S##_____Y <br> TOWN####_####_##_#O<br> ##O##LOVE#LOVEME##U<br> <br><br>

• Oggy Red said:
    Don't throw them out, JiMMy. They are a precious keepsake and won't take up much space to store.

I met your Dad Terry, and had some good chats with him. And plenty of banter on CL, of course.

He left a LOT of stuff behind that we have no idea what to do with. His bus and tram collection was especially problematic! 

Nice one @aliwibble for giving that a shot, well done indeed. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Don't throw them out, JiMMy. They are a precious keepsake and won't take up much space to store.

He left a LOT of stuff behind that we have no idea what to do with. His bus and tram collection was especially problematic! 

Nice one @aliwibble for giving that a shot, well done indeed. 
    If his train and tram stuff isn't sentimental, maybe there's a local enthusiast club that would buy it or otherwise take it off your hands?

At least it would go to people who's interest it is and would appreciate it.