Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hull City - bad owners, rows with staff, their Trust and banning journalists

Just when you think no one could have it worse than us a public row breaks out at Hull City.

Comments

• The Athletic approaches the club with a long list of accusations.

The club react in a way that would make Duchatelet happy.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/club-statement-the-athletic/
  • Wow, son just showed me the twitter on this. Shambles.

Turned down £130m for the club, presumably when in prem.
  • Despite trying to redact the names and numbers fans could read the full statement by using a few ctrl v and ctrl l moves. And the Athletic published it all

• The moral must be at ground level. Very hard to see them climbing out of the bottom three now. I feel for their supporters but looks like one down two to go. Match what Barnsley and Luton do and jobs a good un.
  • OK, that's one relegation spot filled for sure.

• Sponsored links:

• I know it's completely superficial, but the first thing I noticed when opening the link to their website, was a load of green mould under their stadium's cantilever supports. Surely, even if it's too costly to wash off or paint over, any business their wanted to project a better image would be looking for a more flattering photo; Welcome the Hull where the mould grows green and heavy.
  • Indeed, it appears that Shitweaselry is contagious.

Bloody hell, got to feel for the fans - what an absolute shitshow.
  • It's possible when the spotlight falls on many many clubs there are large scale issues near the surface.

I came across similar problems at Bristol Rovers and Sunderland during some light research into our problems. The list of troubled clubs and dodgy owners has never been longer and predates covid.
  • A massive shambles there, but unlike with Roland, it started when they were a Premier League club. Fans were boycotting or disillusioned before they got relegated

• IIRC Hull abolished kids prices so everyone had to pay full rates.
  • So, we have been usurped as the most bonkers run club in the League. 
  • Feel sorry for them but if they upshot of their issues results in them occupying one of the relegation places, let’s hope it lasts a few weeks longer.
  • I fear for them. But not too much. Boro look poor too. My guess would be Hull, Boro and Luton to drop.
  • So, we have been usurped as the most bonkers run club in the League. 
    Don’t panic, it’s early days yet!
  • IIRC Hull abolished kids prices so everyone had to pay full rates.
    What a novel way to bring in the next generation of supporter 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bad owners, rows with staff, banning journalists...Does the UK Govt own Hull? 
  • cafc999 said:
    IIRC Hull abolished kids prices so everyone had to pay full rates.
    What a novel way to bring in the next generation of customer 
    Fixed that for you.