Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robbie Elliot - Kissing the badge

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
After the game last night I was so proud of Robbie Elliot. Hes the same age as me, I play in goal and I could just imagine what it must have been like to be out there looking up at that North Stand.
The kid is still young goalkeeping wise but he put in a brave performance last night, talks well with the defence and hes heart is in it. I think its time for a song!

Also, is it just me but does anyone think we should employ Chrissy Powell to run out the tunnel at the end of the game. I was waiting for it last night!!

CAFC

Comments

• Options
    That boy genuinely bleeds Charlton.

If he doesn't then he is in the wrong job. He should be in Hollywood because is a marvellous actor!
  • Options
    I'm sure I heard that he is a boyhood Charlton Fan and is also a local lad!

Could be wrong though!

;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Born & raised in Greenwich I believe.
    Basey is a Sidcup boy too.
  • Options
    yep that's what I heard as well.

N.B also liked Kinsella's clenched fist salute to the north after the game, just like the old days...
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    What about the Man U song for G Neville

Robbie Elliot is a red
    Is a red, is a red
    Robbie Elliot is a red
    He hates Millwall/Palace (delete as applicable)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]yep that's what I heard as well.

N.B also liked Kinsella's clenched fist salute to the north after the game, just like the old days...

Kin, Kin, Kinsella!
  • Options
    He grew up supporting Charlton. He would have been as ecstatic as any of us last night. Living the dream of most of us. Well done Rob.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Elliot's old man used to work for the club.
  • Options
    one of the very few pros out there qualified to kiss the badge and mean it
  • Options
    And we (Bromley Addicks that is) own that badge as we sponsored his shirt. Result.

Should get a decent amount when we raffle it off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any idea why he played instead of Randolph?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Any idea why he played instead of Randolph?

Parky flipped a coin or did ibble obble
  • Options

He's a better keeper

IMHO
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Any idea why he played instead of Randolph?[/quote]

Because of all the above m8, he is Charlton proper and that's what we needed and got.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    He's a better keeper IMHO

I'm not trying to be picky, but he wasn't regarded as such after the Norwich replay and before the Sheff U cup game. I don't really have a problem with either, just can't understand the switching between them.
  • Options

He's a better keeper

IMHO

Is that a valid reason?

God today is good
  • Options
    He definitely needs a better song that Charlton's number 1, although he probably loves hearing that!
  • Options
    A great moment IMO.......you could see last night how much that win meant to him as a player and a person
  • Options
    I enjoyed seeing his and Basey's reactions at the end of the game - really showed they care
  • Options
    I was chuckling away at him at the end. looked like Charlie when he found the golden ticket.

If you're reading Rob, well done mate. I'm so proud seeing young local lads breaking through, and when they actually have a background of having affection for the club it makes it ten times better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I've said before, Eliott is my number one. Last night showed why. Made some good saves, good kicking, and at the end showed how much it meant to him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

I'm not trying to be picky, but he wasn't regarded as such after the Norwich replay and before the Sheff U cup game. I don't really have a problem with either, just can't understand the switching between them.

Cup games maybe. A lot of changes were made so it gave Darren a run out.

Personally from the very little I have seen both seem good if inexperienced keepers but I prefer Robbie.

I admit that him being Charlton and, having met him, he being a nice, down to earth guy may bias my view.
  • Options
    That was a bloody great moment from the lad, i almost had tears in my eyes... him going mental at the north stand.

oh and Kin's clenched fist... "dreamy"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Maybe Parky wanted to remind him (Elliot) that he had to work to keep the place and picked Randolph to do that. Gandalf then had a decentish game at Norwich which gave him a dilemma.

After last night I think Robbie has it for a while.
  • Options
    Looking at the way Robbie kept holding his ribs last night gandalf could be back in for Saturday.
  • Options
    it was after that challenge on their attack where he stayed down for about 3 minutes!
  • Options
    Have no doubt he's Charlton, prefer him to Randolph hopefully the ribs will be o.k by Saturday.
  • Options
    Loved it.......

Well done robbie elliot,
    it means so much to the fans to see players showing that they care, i hope you go on and make the No.1 jersey your own......
  • Options
    Without doubt seeing Elliots reaction, and Kins doing his fist were two of the highlights. It shows we have some passion in the club.