Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Solong sol

I saw sol Campbell left Southend but had no idea Herman was his assistance great lad terrific throw.

Sol Campbell: Southend United manager leaves by mutual consent https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53234423

Comments

• Quotes on BBC Sport "The club have an exciting future with the plans for the new stadium in place, but with the current global Covid-19 situation having a profound effect on businesses, I am keen not to be a financial burden to the club."

Then why not do it for nothing? He surely not short of a bob or two?
  • iaitch said:
    Quotes on BBC Sport "The club have an exciting future with the plans for the new stadium in place, but with the current global Covid-19 situation having a profound effect on businesses, I am keen not to be a financial burden to the club."

I think he has conveniently forgotten that under his management they won 4 out of 23 and were 16 points adrift. Walked before he could be sacked is more like it. 

The only way is up for Sol.
  • iaitch said:
    Quotes on BBC Sport "The club have an exciting future with the plans for the new stadium in place, but with the current global Covid-19 situation having a profound effect on businesses, I am keen not to be a financial burden to the club."

I think he has conveniently forgotten that under his management they won 4 out of 23 and were 16 points adrift. Walked before he could be sacked is more like it. 
    Given their resources I doubt anyone would have done much.
  • iaitch said:

That's quite probably true, but a record of 4 wins in 23 is still sacking material.

Sol, on the other hand, probably thinks he has the right to walk into any Premier League job off the back of it.
  • Half of the Southend squad earn over 100k a year, how is that viable?

Be intrested to see who takes the job next.  Seem to be a club in real short term problems. 
  • By most accounts he’d been doing a good job at Southend with an appalling squad 
  • Off_it said:
    iaitch said:

That's quite probably true, but a record of 4 wins in 23 is still sacking material.

Sol, on the other hand, probably thinks he has the right to walk into any Premier League job off the back of it.
    Other players have walked into high profile jobs with no experience who were probably no more deserving than him. Curious to see how Lampard would have fared at Southend and Macclesfield.
  • DA9DA9
    edited July 2020
    iaitch said:

Always the victim, never his fault, it’s what he does