Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hudson likely to miss Burnley game according to OS

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
This is a real sickener. OS say Holland and Youga could step in. Let's hope we can do a deal for at least one new CB tomorrow.

Comments

• Does anyone know what number Mambo is down the pecking order?
  • No 5 perhaps?
  • Oh dear. There's been some correspondence this morning in another thread about the folly/negligence of only having two centre backs on our books this season. And now they're both out ...

Sorry, but you have to blame Pardew for this ...he ludicrously stated the season with just two centre backs and it has gone on that way ever since. Parky - who if nothing else seems far more methodcal in his approach to these matters than Pardew - has clearly been trying to rectify the situation by chasing Wayne Brown etc. but hasn't found it easy to sign anyone.

I actually sympathise with PP over his inheritance on this one.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Does anyone know what number Mambo is down the pecking order?

He's not. He won't play.
    "We haven't even got a youngster who's ready yet. I don't think I've ever been in this situation at a club where I haven't got a fit centre-half."

Suggests to me he'll play someone out of position.

We've got Aswad Thomas back, if they won't use him now he's never going to make it. Bit strange considering he's had a pro contract and squad number for a season and a half now and they're unlikely to even put him on the bench.
  • Yassin Murty Holland Basey

I don't really trust Youga at left back let alone in the heart of our defence. Shame Semedo is injured. Get Primus back!
  • Mambo is highly rated, though there's no way Parkinson will risk him.
  • Mambo, Thomas ... none of them remotely near.

This is what Parky says:

"We haven't even got a youngster who's ready yet. I don't think I've ever been in this situation at a club where I haven't got a fit centre-half."

Sorry to puncture the euphoria of Tuesday night, but I'd say that's the most depressing thing I've read on the OS in some time. (Well at least since the last defeat!)
  • How old is Phil Chapple these days? Wonder if he is fit enough??
  • I wonder if we could appeal to the league to have the game postponed - can't go into it with no recognised centre halves.

also Murty might be missing too.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's only Thursday, just under 48 hours before the Burnley match.

Surely there's plenty of time to borrow a couple of other club's discarded CB's ...... ?

;o)
  • If it's true Wayne Brown has just signed for Leicester and Iriekepen has been offered a contract by Bristol City, do we have any other irons in the fire?

What on earth went wrong with the Brown deal?
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I wonder if we could appeal to the league to have the game postponed - can't go into it with no recognised centre halves.

Only applies to putting out the right number of players, providing strngth of team is not compromised by ludicrously understrength players.

I feel the FL would consider Youga and Holland adequate replacements at CB, compared to say, having to play 2 amateur 15 year olds.
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]If it's true Wayne Brown has just signed for Leicester and Iriekepen has been offered a contract by Bristol City, do we have any other irons in the fire?

Didn't want to play for Parky again ....?

:o)
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]If it's true Wayne Brown has just signed for Leicester and Iriekepen has been offered a contract by Bristol City, do we have any other irons in the fire?

Money probably. Mandaric has got some!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]If it's true Wayne Brown has just signed for Leicester and Iriekepen has been offered a contract by Bristol City, do we have any other irons in the fire?

Money probably. Mandaric has got some!

Probably thinks he has a better chance of playing in the championship next season :-(

not a single news item on newsnow that Brown has signed for Leicester, not even a story linking him with Leicester and they pick up stuff from Clubcall, Vital etc so it seems not.
  • Richard Rufus on a 1 week deal imo.
  • Play Andy Gray at centre half.
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Play Andy Gray at centre half.

Apparently he doesn't jump.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Play Andy Gray at centre half.

Apparently he doesn't jump.

;o)

and he's done he's hammy anyway.
  • edited January 2009

murty-holland-youga
    yassin
    basey
    bailey

racon
    spring

jonjo/sam

burton

line up like that when we haven't got the ball.

when we do have the ball, push either basey or yassin to make the 4 in midfield, with the opposite wing back dropping to keep a back 4.