Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The stewards in the away end - Can anyone confirm ?

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Heard a rumour they are still holding 3 Nigels imprisoned for chewing gum that was not sugar free.

Is this true ??

Could their mystery disappearance explain the sudden pot hole filling ?

Comments

• The pot hole were caused by Charlton fans stamping on the feet of Palace fans.

Locked on Fact.
  • Best 'genuine' complaint i have heard so far is the one in the croydon paper:

"A steward just said to me: 'I don't like you, I'm throwing you out'.
  • [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Best 'genuine' complaint i have heard so far is the one in the croydon paper:

Fair play to that steward as far as I'm concerned!
  • Exactly!
  • Its harsh I know but until you point out to someone that "prancing around in a red n blue baby grow" chanting "chheessserolls" is not acceptable behaviour and then forceably ejecting them from the stadium, this sort of thing will continue to happen. As far as I am concerned there must be some sort of Community award available to that steward for basically undertaking a selfless task for the wider community in general. I shall write to the club.
  • How many of us got ejected at Shithurst?
  • That does'nt count. They were all volunteers !
  • edited January 2009
    I heard that on the night the stewards were singing their theme tune "we're only making plans for Nigels"
  • [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Best 'genuine' complaint i have heard so far is the one in the croydon paper:

Ha ha ha best post i've seen in a long time!
  • I didn't have any problems getting in. I asked one steward if there's only 1 bar (I always forget) and he kindly let me and 2 others go to the other side of the stand even though we weren't technically supposed to.

Of course there were probably a few fans who did absolutely nothing to be refused entry, I'd imagine most of them were naive in thinking they could sing anti-Charlton songs for example upon entry and some of the fans I saw moaning look like they deserved a bit of abuse.

The same will probably happen at Selhurst now next season if you stay up which is a shame as it's pointless.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]The same will probably happen at Selhurst now next season if you stay up which is a shame as it's pointless.
    It happened this season. But I don't think we were little girls about it and went to the papers about it.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]The same will probably happen at Selhurst now next season if you stay up which is a shame as it's pointless.[/quote]
    It happened this season. But I don't think we were little girls about it and went to the papers about it.[/quote]

Maybe not, I don't think there were that many fans refused entry though at Selhurst. I travelled up with about 8 friends and 6 of them didn't get into the ground until just before you scored which was ridiculous.

I suspect people who complained were just bitter about the defeat.

Confident about staying up now? I must admit I did laugh when I heard the result still left you 8 points from safety.
  • [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]Of course there were probably a few fans who did absolutely nothing to be refused entry, I'd imagine most of them were naive in thinking they could sing anti-Charlton songs for example upon entry and some of the fans I saw moaning look like they deserved a bit of abuse.

Even in the home ends the stewards were monitoring the type of songs being sung at the entrance, and i was warned that certain songs would possibly lead to fans getting spoken to at the very least.
  • [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]The same will probably happen at Selhurst now next season if you stay up which is a shame as it's pointless.
    It happened this season. But I don't think we were little girls about it and went to the papers about it.

Maybe not, I don't think there were that many fans refused entry though at Selhurst. I travelled up with about 8 friends and 6 of them didn't get into the ground until just before you scored which was ridiculous.

Confident about staying up now? I must admit I did laugh when I heard the result still left you 8 points from safety.

Now that is the best things I've heard all day!
  • [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were similar, WSS had his ticket taken from him. I'm pretty sure the clubs use the same stewards.
  • Out of four of us at Palace away two never got in and two never got in until almost half time.

Mind you, we were all proper steamboat.