Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oz Downunder

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Just arrived in Sydney and I can report it's heaps more warmer than the UK. 23c and its 11:40pm. Now I;m hoping that the CAFCTV connection will work for the match commentary and that I can stay awake to listen to the match having just spent nearly 24 hours on flights that sounded like a creche! My ears have yet to settle down from all the babies/young kids crying, hollering or wailing.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Congrats for making it mate, enjoy your trip and mind the bloody dingos!
  • you only have to worry about dingos if you have a baby
  • have a vegimite sandwich...

its a flippin heat wave here in Melbournre ... has been over 40 for three days...

those fights are a complete b#stard eh....
  • Couldn't stay awake for the match but mobile kept me up to date with the scores. In the sea by 8:30am - of course after a vegimite on toast!
  • There's a really freezing wind-chill starting to blow tonight, Solid - hopefully snow will fall to cancel Tuesday's Brizzle City game.

Think of us while you're basking in the warm sparkling sea - and mind the sharks.

;o)
  • edited January 2009
    Have a look at http://www.addicksdownunder.freeforums.org which is a site that a lot of expats use to keep in touch
  • Have a good trip mate.....dont forget to do the bridge climb and get yourself up to Avalon/Palm Beach and out to the Blue Mountains
  • Have a great time solid.

Came back from my trip down under a month ago and absolutely loved the place. Sydney is a fantastic city and I personally loved the Aussies and their whole attitude to life. As long as you can laugh at yourself they will take to you no problem (this stuff about poms getting grief isn't really true - its just banter and its only those without a sense of humour that don't like it). They are a great bunch who will go out of their way to help you and you will have the time of your life.

What you said about the plane/creche - too true. It was an ordeal, but if Oz was much closer than it is (half a world away), then I would be back there four times a year!

What makes all these people decide to take their young babies on a long haul flight though? Not only is it a nightmare for them, it makes the rest of our lives a bleedin' misery too!
  • Thanks for the info but I've been coming to Oz for the last 15 years so I guess that means I kinda like it here. Its also a good time to miss the worse of the English winter. I played golf up in the Blue Mountains last year but still have not done the bridge walk. This year's adventure is a week in Tassie!

Oggy....Give the Addicks are shout for me should the match get played on tuesday....and keep well wrapped up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Thanks for the info but I've been coming to Oz for the last 15 years so I guess that means I kinda like it here. Its also a good time to miss the worse of the English winter. I played golf up in the Blue Mountains last year but still have not done the bridge walk. This year's adventure is a week in Tassie!

Oggy....Give the Addicks are shout for me should the match get played on tuesday....and keep well wrapped up!

Get on that bridge walk Solid, not only is it mindblowing you might get the guide we did an Expat from croydon half way around the world to to meet a palarse fan :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Should havementioned it Big...we were out at our place in Avalon for Christmas, could have met up for a beer
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]
    What makes all these people decide to take their young babies on a long haul flight though? Not only is it a nightmare for them, it makes the rest of our lives a bleedin' misery too!

How about emigrating or immigrating, visiting relations or going on holiday?? Having travelled transatlantic with my kids several times before, it's not usually them causing the problems.....
  • Avalon, Tel?

Sounds like a wonderland!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]

How about emigrating or immigrating, visiting relations or going on holiday?? Having travelled transatlantic with my kids several times before, it's not usually them causing the problems.....

Agreed, the worst people on long-halu trips are those people who when sitting between you and the window have to keep getting up for a piss every hour. Now, THAT is annoying.