Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last night's (13/7) BBC News at Ten - highly amusing

In the BBC's usual obsequious, we really love you Man U, way the intro to the news did a quick flash about Man Utd's fantastic win against Southampton and them moving up to third in the table.

Completely ignoring Southampton's late equaliser.  How embarassing.  Chortle chortle.

Comments

• edited July 2020
    Thats annoying as didnt Steve Rider got told off and actually replaced on Grandstand (or whatever it was at the time) because he was a bit OTT in enjoying our 3-3 draw with Man Utd?
  • cafcfan said:
    In the BBC's usual obsequious, we really love you Man U, way the intro to the news did a quick flash about Man Utd's fantastic win against Southampton and them moving up to third in the table.

Completely ignoring Southampton's late equaliser.  How embarassing.  Chortle chortle.
    Hardly fair on the BBC. The Saints equaliser was around 9.58pm and 6 minutes into 5 minutes of stoppage time. The News headlines and read out at around 10.01pm and are probably collated 5 or 10 minutes earlier. 
  • i don't really quite understand why Man united are even mentioned in the main headlines. 
    Because BBC Sport is Salford based. 
  • cafcfan said:

Hardly fair on the BBC. The Saints equaliser was around 9.58pm and 6 minutes into 5 minutes of stoppage time. The News headlines and read out at around 10.01pm and are probably collated 5 or 10 minutes earlier. 
    Sounds like a plan.
    BBC final score will now be announcing the final scores for the 3pm KO's at 4.30pm every Saturday.
  • i don't really quite understand why Man united are even mentioned in the main headlines. 
    I didn't see see it, but BBC News routinely insert a regional headline into their national bulletin, which obviously is different for every region. As they don't broadcast regional news in HD, they have to include a national sport story to fill that segment.