Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deano

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Anyone else notice that WBA have given Deano anthoer 1 year contract. Good for him. I'd get him in goal in place of the hapless Carson ASAP.

Things have never been the same since he was dropped.

Comments

• Deano did more for us than Darren Bent, let's have a Deano love in please!
  • Let's hate Darren Bent - useless, couldn't even keep us in the Prem single-handed.
  • Hey come on! I want both not either or.

I have nothing against Baby Bent at all, BUT Deano really did keep us in the Prem.
  • No argument with you Chirpy, just wishful thinking.

;o)
  • Definately in my top 5 Curbs buys, which are, in no particular order

Bent
    Jensen
    Kiely
    Powell
    Stuart
  • dunno about Stuart...

I would take him out and insert Kinsella eh
  • Deano
    Carson
    D Bent

I'd have any of them back in a flash
  • [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Definately in my top 5 Curbs buys, which are, in no particular order

Bent
    Jensen
    Kiely
    Powell
    Stuart

I would have to say I would have Kins and Super in my top five as they were both a huge part of the catalyst that started what we now miss (I would drop Stuart and Jensen from your list)
  • mendonca has to be in there
  • edited February 2009
    Or Johnny Robinson, Brownie, Carl Tiler......?

Erm, no ....... not Carl Tiler.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Mendonca Hales Robinson Brown Rufus......CURBS.
  • edited February 2009
    Kinsella in for Stuart - agreed (Doh)
    Not sure if I can fit Clive in - as I really rated Jensen

Before I get all rose tinted about the Curbs era, It wasn't all good, here's my 5 worst Curbs buys:

Francis Jeffers
    Neil Redfern
    Gary Rowett
    Karim Bageri
    Brendan O'Connell
  • edited February 2009
    Mike Amman in goal - as he never caught a single cross in all the games he played.

Gary Poole - a wonder goal on his debut, never played again.

Jesper Blomqvist

Robbie Mustoe

How a\m I doing ...?
  • 'Deano' hasn't had a single good thing to say about us since he left.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]'Deano' hasn't had a single good thing to say about us since he left.

I bet he doesn't talk much about Pompey either, lol
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]'Deano' hasn't had a single good thing to say about us since he left.

I doubt that he's been very complimentary about Andy Todd...

I've read a fair few articles where he has had nothing but good to say about us. The only negatives I've heard are aimed at Curbishley, & our remarkable downfall. He has said on numerous occasions that the best times of his career were spent at The Valley. Unless of course there has been a recent outburst of vitriol aimed our way?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]'Deano' hasn't had a single good thing to say about us since he left.

I've read a fair few articles where he has had nothing but good to say about us. The only negatives I've heard are aimed at Curbishley, & our remarkable downfall. He has said on numerous occasions that the best times of his career were spent at The Valley. Unless of course there has been a recent outburst of vitriol aimed our way?

Dean Kiely has NEVER slagged off CAFC. I have heard him describe us as "my club" on several occasions and when we were relegated he said on BBC 5 Live that he was "absolutely devastated".
  • Chirpy...............I would LOVE a Deano love in!!!!!!!

;-)
  • Always a hero and I still can't believe that a) we dropped him b) let him go c) people question his affection for CAFC.