Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Weds Decision 12 points Next season

Comments

• Options
    There will be loads of laughs all over the leagues if you get relegated next season. I can promise you that. And whatever happens you will always be cheats. Not the fans, but the club. But if you want to defend it you are not much better.
  • Options
    Amusing that the EFL haven't confirmed that they've appealed yet. Almost like they're delaying until the season starts and it's 'too late'. From there even if the appeal is upheld it will be too late for us and the best we'd get is compensation. Which I'm sure Sheff Utd were chuffed about when that happened with West Ham and it just took them the 13 years to get back into the Premier League.
  • Options
    I can't stand League One, but if we are keeping more of the squad than we potentially expected, we're better off going for promotion next year than having this team just go down in the Championship, again.
  • Options
    Swap places with the cheats next season.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    MattF said:
    Doesnt stand a chance of winning - If anything we'll probably get compensated the same way Sheffield United were when they got relegated the Premier League

Fixtures will be out in the next few days, clubs may even know them now so they can prepare for launching them etc.

If the EFL were to relegate Wednesday now it would create a monumental nightmare when it comes to logistics.

If anything give us a good chance of getting back into the Championship like how Sheffield Wednesday have been given a tough chance of surviving, not a points increment but maybe dont enforce the Salary cap on us should we get our ownership issue resolved

Harsh on the rest of League One but we shouldn't be in League One!! 
  • Options
    I can't stand League One, but if we are keeping more of the squad than we potentially expected, we're better off going for promotion next year than having this team just go down in the Championship, again.
    Personally I'd rather another season in the championship if TS takes over, he might even actually have a super duper phone in January. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The worry is if we end up stuck in league one again for 3 years, which would be a disgrace when we shouldn’t have gone down (even if we didn’t win any of the last 7 games). 
  • Options
    With this squad and all round predicament we will be getting pumped weekly in the championship.  The only way I see this being worthy is if we 100% have a new owner coming in with a few quid.
    You make a good point. Just the thought of losing to Oxford and the likes again next season is already giving me the hump and it aint even happened😁
  • Options
    Partly explains Mahail's cryptic "Smoke on the Water" tweet.

CAS are based in Switzerland.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Wow, I didn't see this coming.
  • Options
    Have I missed something? Wednesday fans seem to be claiming the EFL deliberately delayed making charges to push the case into 2019/20. If that was the position why did it wait until November 2019 to make the charges? 
    Alternatively/secondly was the delay because Wednesday submitted the relevant documents/accounts which on the surface got them through FFP but it was some time later that the EFL was able to identify the issue about the ground sale happening in the wrong year? 

Also does the ‘acting with utmost good faith’ charge relate to the way SW. behaved once they’d been found out or relate back to the ‘whoops wrong year’ issue? If it is the latter how can they possibly have been found not guilty of bad faith?
  • Options
    OP. 
    Do you think your ground is worth £60m?
    Do you think it was reasonable to pretend the sale took place earlier than it did?
    Do you think it right that your club wears shirts and is sponsored by a company that was set by your owner, that does not trade, and was only created to pump money into the club and avoid FFP?
    Do you think it right that a sham taxi and a sham drinks company set up by your owner to avoid FFP should still be in place.
    Do you think any of the above is cheating?
    Be honest with yourself. 
    Any reasonable person would consider all of the above to be cheating, and at the end of the day, this is why football fans will always consider your club to be cheats. Contemptible. I spit on your club.
  • Options
    no way they’ll U-turn before the fixtures are released this Friday. 

I’m 100% expecting a bit of compensation though, absolute joke of a decision in the first place.
  • Options
    Yes, compensation is all we can hope for and hopefully it will come from Wednesday's cheating pockets.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Whilst I can understand Charlton fans anger in the manner you got relagated ( last second goal by Barnsley, injury time goal for Wednesday at hillsboro) what I will say is we all have to stick to the facts, and the facts are the EFL have tried their best to relegate us over this however due to their own balls up and the fact they okayed everything it has made them look tits...as a result of collateral damage Charlton now find them playing in L1 again ( if it ever starts) 

Wednesday will be appealing this 'agenda' against us and hopefully justice will result in us getting the 12 points wiped off next season ...but I wont hold my breath.
    An even more deluded fanbase than Liverpool. Quite the achievement!
    Well lets see how our appeal goes shall we ?
    Not sure how the appeal with prove or disprove the 'agenda' against you, but I'll be keeping an eye out for the outcome.
  • Options
    It is rare to win an appeal when you are innocent. It is impossible when you are guilty :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020

I’m 100% expecting a bit of compensation though, absolute joke of a decision in the first place.
    Depends on who they look to relegate..

They could chose to fully relegate Shef Wed , so surely would swap our name for theirs? 

In regards to taking the points off , I suppose it would mean swapping ours for Barnsley

unless the appeal happens before Friday, which I presume it will as a matter of urgency 

alternatively, if the EFL do want Shef Wed relegated - I presume they can push back the fixture list announcement/sort something
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

They could chose to fully relegate Shef Wed , so surely would swap our name for theirs? 

In regards to taking the points off , I suppose it would mean swapping ours for Barnsley

unless the appeal happens before Friday, which I presume it will as a matter of urgency 
    That would still bugger the fixtures as I assume they try and keep certain teams from playing at home on the same week or limit how many teams are playing in any particular area
  • Options
    It took nearly a year to reach a verdict, I can’t see them accepting an appeal and finalising a decision within days. 

We don’t want to be back in the Championship at this point, the moment has passed. We’re a worse squad than the one that got relegated. 

With the new salary caps it would be a legal minefield to swap two teams at this stage. 
  • Options
    Appeal:

So where is the evidence we gave you permission that you failed to provide in the months the hearing was taking place?

So is the sale entered in a year that it didn't occur to get around the FFP rules or not?

How long should that take? 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

alternatively, if the EFL do want Shef Wed relegated - I presume they can push back the fixture list announcement/sort something
    Dont they try to avoid Millwall and Charlton playing at home the same weekend (or is that just a myth?)

Might well be a similar scenario with Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday

If at the moment the fixtures stop that from happening then simply giving our fixture list to Sheff Wed and visa versa may open up cases like that
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    It took nearly a year to reach a verdict, I can’t see them accepting an appeal and finalising a decision within days. 

We don’t want to be back in the Championship at this point, the moment has passed. We’re a worse squad than the one that got relegated. 

With the new salary caps it would be a legal minefield to swap two teams at this stage. 
    But the difference in payments is huge.

season tickets would be a larger amount too, and with TS possibly concluding a deal within the next two weeks we would have time to sign players- especially if the transfer window doesn’t shut until mid October! 

• Options
    MattF said:
    sammy391 said:

That would still bugger the fixtures as I assume they try and keep certain teams from playing at home on the same week or limit how many teams are playing in any particular area
    I’ve heard that footballs fans may not even be back until 2022 at the very earliest. If they know something we don’t.....they won’t have to cater for policing issues when deciding fixtures. Could make a straight swap slightly easier?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Appeal and lock all involved parties in a room around a table / zoom meeting nobody leaves until a verdict is reached. Treat it like Jury Service and get to a decision within 2-3 days max.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Dont they try to avoid Millwall and Charlton playing at home the same weekend (or is that just a myth?)

If at the moment the fixtures stop that from happening then simply giving our fixture list to Sheff Wed and visa versa may open up cases like that
    That’s only whilst stadiums are open to full capacity and fans are free to walk up to the stadium. 

With COVID, stadiums are going to be limited
    to how many fans can attend and therefore reducing the ‘risk’ of bust ups as I’d imagine >10k Charlton and >10k Millwall are allowed in the grounds at any one time 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:

That’s only whilst stadiums are open to full capacity and fans are free to walk up to the stadium. 

With COVID, stadiums are going to be limited
    to how many fans can attend and therefore reducing the ‘risk’ of bust ups as I’d imagine >10k Charlton and >10k Millwall are allowed in the grounds at any one time 
    And what if those games fall when Stadiums are back open and back to normal?