Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ex Brentford RB Josh Clarke on trial

My Brentford supporting mate has told me we have taken their former right back Josh Clarke on trial. He thought he could do a job at League One level but wiki shows he has been in and out of non league since leaving them. He was with Burton on loan last year. This and the Love Island guy backs up Bowyer's belief that we are shopping in non league pools for players. Come on Great Dane TS  get the take over done so we can raise our horizons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Clarke_(footballer)

Comments

• edited August 2020
    Yeah he played 45mins against Birmingham today

Wiki says he hasnt played Non-League for years though...?
  • With him and Holmes Dennis on trial, I wonder if bowyer sees them both more as wing backs. We have conventional full backs in purrington and Matthews and the two trialists as wing backs as both have played on the wings
    Matthews would be first choice whatever the system, but it's not  definite he'll be with us anyway so we do desperately need other options there
  • Right back is a big priority and no harm in taking a look. 
  • With him and Holmes Dennis on trial, I wonder if bowyer sees them both more as wing backs. We have conventional full backs in purrington and Matthews and the two trialists as wing backs as both have played on the wings
    Wing backs makes sense given Bowyer generally prefers a 4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2.
  • I regret to inform everyone ...... Josh Clarke sadly fails the CL height test.

5'8".

May I be the first to say, underwhelmed.

• Oggy Red said:
    I regret to inform everyone ...... Josh Clarke sadly fails the CL height test.

5'8".

Major step up on Solly though
  • Oggy Red said:
    I regret to inform everyone ...... Josh Clarke sadly fails the CL height test.

5'8".

Major step up on Solly though
    Every inch matters!!
  • My Brentford supporting mate has told me we have taken their former right back Josh Clarke on trial. He thought he could do a job at League One level but wiki shows he has been in and out of non league since leaving them. He was with Burton on loan last year. This and the Love Island guy backs up Bowyer's belief that we are shopping in non league pools for players. Come on Great Dane TS  get the take over done so we can raise our horizons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Clarke_(footballer)

Bit harsh to call him non-league, his made 70 odd Championship appearances, hasn't played non-league for 6 years (youngster loaned out), and was nominated for London EFL Player of the Year in the 2017–18 season. 
  • Player with good pedigree at a decent age and one who likely just needs a chance. Good luck to him and hope he impresses enough to earn a deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• 67k a year is really no risk.  We desperately need bodies to get though these cup games 
  • Certainly no harm in having a look at him. I'd guess that Bowyer/Gallen maybe have 2 transfer lists though:

1. Free transfers with a salary cap currently at 1300 a week if things continue to drag on.
    2. Based on paying a fee and a higher salary if TS comes in.

Given the financial instability of many league 1-2 clubs right now, even if TS gave Bowyer a transfer budget of 2m i think you could probably get some decent players with that money this summer.