Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life Error Message

edited August 2020 in Troubleshooting
Anybody else getting this error message ? Had it a few times in the last couple of days, I'm not the greatest on all this sort of thing. Can anyone explain or at least let me know if I should worry. Thanks

Error 1001 Ray ID: 5c8f6c750d7206bd • 2020-08-26 17:55:25 UTC

DNS resolution error

What happened?

You've requested a page on a website (forum.charltonlife.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (forum.charltonlife.com). There are two potential causes of this:

• Most likely: if the owner just signed up for Cloudflare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
  • Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5c8f6c750d7206bd • Your IP: 95.150.232.129 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Comments

• Bob, can you do us a favour? Next time it happens, can you see if you also get an issue using https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/ ? Ta.

• Yes will do Ali, I tried 3 or 4 times & everytime I received that message. In the end I logged off & shut down my laptop for about 10 minutes & after that it was Ok again, same thing happened yesterday. Thanks
  • No need to worry. Cloudflare is our CDN, which basically means they help to serve the site from servers across the world to help with load and access from city to city across the world. That message just means there's a temporary hiccup... it'll resolve seconds later.
  • OK thanks Lookout, I can cross one bedwetting off of the list :smiley: