Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clever video using #Savecafc tweets

https://youtu.be/IVUT0FvVBoM

Spent days making this video using the tweets from everybody on the #SaveCAFC pledge would mean alot if you could check it out

Comments

• Tom, can I make a suggestion? I think you need to tweak the time allocated for each headline or tweet to show up a bit, as there's not always time to read what they say. If it's just #saveCAFC and a picture, it doesn't need long, but the ones where there's more information need more time to digest. If you're trying to sync the changes with the beat of the song, then maybe rearrange the order where you can, so the longer tweets are allocated to the longer phrases.
    That said, I enjoyed the structure of the video a lot. Where did you get the old footage from, was it the Centenary DVD?
  • aliwibble said:
    Tom, can I make a suggestion? I think you need to tweak the time allocated for each headline or tweet to show up a bit, as there's not always time to read what they say. If it's just #saveCAFC and a picture, it doesn't need long, but the ones where there's more information need more time to digest. If you're trying to sync the changes with the beat of the song, then maybe rearrange the order where you can, so the longer tweets are allocated to the longer phrases.
    That said, I enjoyed the structure of the video a lot. Where did you get the old footage from, was it the Centenary DVD?
    Thanks very much for the time and feedback Ali, much appreciated. Your right, I was opting for the more famous and ex player tweets at the slightly slower begining and then pump in lots of tweets to show how many there were but your right I should have allocated the longer time for the longer fan tweets which lots were really heartfelt and struck a chord with most Charlton fans I'm sure. 

Glad your enjoyed, as for old footage they could be found on YouTube for the FA cup clip check out the British pathe channel and for the back to the valley clips managed to find most on a video called story of our return to the valley 😁
  • A great effort Tom, I wouldn’t have a clue how to put all that together. I really enjoyed it.
    Can you possibly do a little bit of tweaking as suggested by ali above.....hope it’s doable without too much grief.
  • Tom_Cafc said:

Spent days making this video using the tweets from everybody on the #SaveCAFC pledge would mean alot if you could check it out
    Bloody hell Tom... 

That was terrific... it's all a bit emotional isn't it... 
  • edited August 2020
    Tom_Cafc said:

Fantastic bit of work, Tom. Thank you.

I concur with Ali. To make it even more impactful and powerful, maybe consider the timings on the twitter inserts. Give folk, not so 'clued up', a bit more time to read the powerful comments that you have spent time carefully selecting and that really underpin the severity of our plight.

However, absolutely not a criticism. It's a tremendous bit of work as it is. The time and effort that you have put into it really shows and is appreciated so much.

Great stuff. 👍 
  • great worker at work Tom 
  • Very emotional to watch, well done @Tom_Cafc. Fantastic piece and so envious of skills like yours!
    I don't know if you have adapted the speed of the twitter inserts as people have mentioned, but  it is hard to read them at the moment as so fast. As they are really crucial at putting over our plight, message and wide ranging support for the #SaveCafc drive, can make them linger on the screen longer? Be brilliant and let the less informed understand more.
    Well done and the choice of music is very evocative of the passion felt by CAFC fans. Thank you for doing it.
  • Great video Tom.  Love the soundtracks too.

One observation Katrien's 'Customers' shot should follow Duchatelet's purchase.

Have you sent a link to TS?

Well done.
  • Good work Tom. 
  • Wonderful, Tom.  Simply wonderful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice video Tom.  So many memories.

At 44 I am lucky enough I watched Derek Hales at the start of my Charlton fan life and we were still at The Valley, I leafleted for The Valley party; helped clear the mess left behind (bonfire day); was at the last game there and first game back; went to Selhurst and Upton Park; cried at the Full Members cup final; watched both play off finals at Wembley - what utterly incredible high's; saw us play in the PL; saw us beat Man Utd at Old Trafford; experienced the thrill of a surging terrace when we drew with Leeds 1-1 at Elland Road; locked myself in the bog whilst listening to the radio in our play off survival v Leeds as I couldn't bare to listen; got soaked at Yeovil; experienced the best recent Valley night v Doncaster in semi final of play offs; went to Belgium to protest against Duchatelet; handed out items before games during protests during his reign; taken both my kids to The Valley; been on all of LargeAddick/Clive's CL war tours; visited our museum and been to many a Bromley Addicks night.

I watched that video and it reminded me of much of that and strangely made me pity some of my friends who support the likes of Liverpool and flooded WhatsApp/Facebook with their excitement of winning the League- they have no connection to Liverpool, have barely (if ever) been to Anfield and had very little "high" at winning the league.

Being a Charlton fan is hard much of the time, and our highs are so much fewer... But because of that, so much sweeter.

I can't wait for TS to take control (I am sure he will), I think it will be the best thing to happen to this club for years.  The day fans, players, management team and owners all unite in a common goals.  "Let's make Charlton Great Again".  😉
  • A great effort Tom, I wouldn’t have a clue how to put all that together. I really enjoyed it.
    Can you possibly do a little bit of tweaking as suggested by ali above.....hope it’s doable without too much grief.
    Thanks for the kind words man, alot of Downloading videos, trimming ,positioning and time. I really appreciate it I might go back and give it a tweak soon just got a couple other things im working on. Again thanks for checking it out and, the feedback really appreciated!
  • mascot88 said:
    Tom_Cafc said:

Bloody hell Tom... 

That was terrific... it's all a bit emotional isn't it... 
    Definitely is man,
    Thanks very much mate much appreciated.
    By a fan for the fans!
  • MrOneLung said:
    great worker at work Tom 
    Thanks very much 😁 much appreciated, take care mate!
  • Good work Tom. 
    Thanks Ricky! Glad you enjoyed
  • WSA said:
    Great video Tom.  Love the soundtracks too.

One observation Katrien's 'Customers' shot should follow Duchatelet's purchase.

Have you sent a link to TS?

Well done.
    Hi mate,

Your quite right, just seemed flow better with the video first but should have remembered the actual chronological order. 

Great idea mate just set up a twitter account with zero followers and tweeted at him but anyone with a larger follow count who might get his attention would be greatly appreciated and maybe it would even strike a chord with him.

Thanks Very much mate, glad you took the time to watch and enjoyed
  • Tom_Cafc said:

I concur with Ali. To make it even more impactful and powerful, maybe consider the timings on the twitter inserts. Give folk, not so 'clued up', a bit more time to read the powerful comments that you have spent time carefully selecting and that really underpin the severity of our plight.

However, absolutely not a criticism. It's a tremendous bit of work as it is. The time and effort that you have put into it really shows and is appreciated so much.

Great stuff. 👍 
    Hi Baz

Thanks very much mate 😊 glad you enjoyed it. 

You have a very good point and I should do, I will try and have a fiddle around later and hopefully perfect it, just got a couple other projects to work on, your correct about that especially how emotionally filled the tweets are. 

Again thanks for the kind words, makes my day and motivates me to produce more

• Wonderful, Tom.  Simply wonderful.
    Thanks very much mate, much appreciated and glad you enjoyed!
  • Very emotional to watch, well done @Tom_Cafc. Fantastic piece and so envious of skills like yours!
    I don't know if you have adapted the speed of the twitter inserts as people have mentioned, but  it is hard to read them at the moment as so fast. As they are really crucial at putting over our plight, message and wide ranging support for the #SaveCafc drive, can make them linger on the screen longer? Be brilliant and let the less informed understand more.
    Well done and the choice of music is very evocative of the passion felt by CAFC fans. Thank you for doing it.
    Hi mate
    Thank you very much for the feedback much appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed. Comments like that make my day honestly. I have adapted it to keep with the flow of the music as good as possibly and choose to make it slightly slower for the famous and ex players which maybe should be allocated for the powerful message of us the fans. I 100% understand your point and maybe it would be worth doing a more informative tweet based one without worrying about keeping up with the upbeat track.
    Thank you for your time and support!
  • Nice video Tom.  So many memories.

At 44 I am lucky enough I watched Derek Hales at the start of my Charlton fan life and we were still at The Valley, I leafleted for The Valley party; helped clear the mess left behind (bonfire day); was at the last game there and first game back; went to Selhurst and Upton Park; cried at the Full Members cup final; watched both play off finals at Wembley - what utterly incredible high's; saw us play in the PL; saw us beat Man Utd at Old Trafford; experienced the thrill of a surging terrace when we drew with Leeds 1-1 at Elland Road; locked myself in the bog whilst listening to the radio in our play off survival v Leeds as I couldn't bare to listen; got soaked at Yeovil; experienced the best recent Valley night v Doncaster in semi final of play offs; went to Belgium to protest against Duchatelet; handed out items before games during protests during his reign; taken both my kids to The Valley; been on all of LargeAddick/Clive's CL war tours; visited our museum and been to many a Bromley Addicks night.

I watched that video and it reminded me of much of that and strangely made me pity some of my friends who support the likes of Liverpool and flooded WhatsApp/Facebook with their excitement of winning the League- they have no connection to Liverpool, have barely (if ever) been to Anfield and had very little "high" at winning the league.

Being a Charlton fan is hard much of the time, and our highs are so much fewer... But because of that, so much sweeter.

I can't wait for TS to take control (I am sure he will), I think it will be the best thing to happen to this club for years.  The day fans, players, management team and owners all unite in a common goals.  "Let's make Charlton Great Again".  😉
    Wow what a journey you have been, what a life a Charlton fan is and so so sweet the good times. I'm only a young man and hopefully have many good times ahead. Grandad and great grandfather at the FA cup final and passed down to me, glad he still has his brick outside the ground. Very interesting hearing your story. 

Glad it hit an emotional chord with you and makes doing it so rewarding, your so right about the Liverpool/United fans was hard resisting it at school but I'm reaping the benefits of sticking with this beautiful club through the tough times and the good just sadly most of my life has been tough being only old enough to remember during the premier League plight.

Thomas sandgaard seems like a guy I would genuinely be friends with hahaha
    Make charlton great again!!!
    Thanks again mate

• Sponsored links:

• @Tom_Cafc - good Lad.
  • Great video. Was feeling a bit emotional watching that on the train this morning. 
  • Great video. Was feeling a bit emotional watching that on the train this morning. 
    Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it haha
  • A really good video, covers all the points well. Must have taken hours to complete but worth every minute. Would be good to get it shown on the big screen @ the Valley if possible (I am sure Thomas will agree to it).
  • Tom_Cafc said:
    Tom_Cafc said:

Great stuff. 👍 
    Hi Baz

Thanks very much mate 😊 glad you enjoyed it. 

You have a very good point and I should do, I will try and have a fiddle around later and hopefully perfect it, just got a couple other projects to work on, your correct about that especially how emotionally filled the tweets are. 

Again thanks for the kind words, makes my day and motivates me to produce more

Well, you keep at it fella, because you have one hell of a talent and ‘an eye’ for seeing what facilitates the best impact. 

Not sure of your background (or age), but this is good work Tom and helps bring us all even closer together. Hats off to you. 👍🏻 
  • Genuine tears in my eyes 👏
    Haha sorry mate, glad you enjoyed!
  • RichyB said:
    Genuine tears in my eyes 👏
    I will take that haha thanks for taking the time to watch richy
  • sarge1g said:
    A really good video, covers all the points well. Must have taken hours to complete but worth every minute. Would be good to get it shown on the big screen @ the Valley if possible (I am sure Thomas will agree to it).
    It sure did sarge, genuinely thanks for taking the time to watch and the kind words. Would be amazing not sure how I would go about getting that message across but great idea!
  • My channel if any of you are interested in future and previous videos- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCjpwO5ta0Gl5OjrU-QMg8g 

Thanks 👍