Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackwall Tunnel Speed Camera's

edited January 2007 in Match Day Travel
For those who drive up town or use the Blackwall Tunnel...Please take note.

Comments

• Why am I not surprised by anything in that E-mail. Useful info though cheers.
  • If I ever bumped into Ken .........!!!
  • What does this camera own?
  • Explain Mortimerician?
  • [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Explain Mortimerician?

Mortimerician = A pseudonym used by one who idolises past football players specifically named Mortimer.

Hope that helps. :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Explain Mortimerician?[/quote]

Mortimerician = A pseudonym used by one who idolises past football players specifically named Mortimer.

Hope that helps. :-)[/quote]

Cheers Beardy, but I really mean't for Mortimerician to expalin what he mean't by - Quote "What does this camera own?
  • how do we know this camera thing is legit?
  • It's come from a reliable source.
  • [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Explain Mortimerician?

Hope that helps. :-)

lol thats quality comedy value dood
  • It looks like that is complete rubbish.

Ken like other London local authorities do not have the legal ability to DO people for speeding, the only people who do are the Metropolitan Police, believe me if Londons Councils and that includes TfL did I would already be doing it.

Remember speed camera's need to be visible and signed. There maybe camera's there to observe and surevy average speed but they will not result in a PCN.

To re-cap PCN's can be issued for moving traffic contraventions (TfL and Londons Councils (well some of them))- these are banned turns/yellow boxed junctions/no entry/one way streets/Not for the class fo vehicle/etc.

Mark my words speeding will be next but I would guess 5 years or more as it is a money spinner for the polis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with pickwick, the tunnel is congested most of the day and closed early evenings, they could introduce a speed limit similar to the Rotherhithe,if there are no visible signs then drive at a reasonable speed and you should be alright, also why would it be 40mph 1 way and 30mph the other.
  • errr don't speed?
  • Exactly Rothko, dont speed and you will not get a ticket,bring back the highway code?
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Exactly Rothko, dont speed and you will not get a ticket,bring back the highway code?

No, people would moan it was "political correctness gone mad", rather than grow up and take a bit of responsibility for themselves.
  • there is not a single fixed speed camera in Calgary

much, much worse is the hand held speed guns that the police over here use to get you - the first cop will hide behind parked cars, in bushes, behind lampposts, up trees, inside wheely bins etc etc and zap you - you will then be flagged down a few hundred yards later by another copper & issued with an on the spot fine & endorsement

oh for the lovely, easy fixed cameras giving you lots of warning :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Agree with pickwick, the tunnel is congested most of the day and closed early evenings, they could introduce a speed limit similar to the Rotherhithe,if there are no visible signs then drive at a reasonable speed and you should be alright, also why would it be 40mph 1 way and 30mph the other.

The northbound tunnel is the original and has lots of corners in it (30mph). The southbound tunnel is the newer one and is straighter (40mph).
  • just ban cars completely,then no one could speed.
  • if anyone has up to date gps on this we could check the tunnel?