Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hastings Old Town / Places to eat

Taking advantage of the last day of the good weather tomorrow and me and Mrs Mistrollingin are heading down to Hastings.

Any recommendatins for places to eat in or around the Old Town.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :):smile:

Comments

• A Tuesday currently won't see a lot of places open, but Fagins at the end of George street is nice. Changed ownership last year but still does nice food. Whites is a good surf or turf restaurant on entrance to George street too. Porter's is nice too just up the high street past Fagins.

There's a few chippie style sit down places on the seafront but never tried one to be honest, all look nice enough from the outside.

Enjoy your day out!
  • Whites has always been highly recommended to me but have not got to visit myself yet.
  • edited September 2020
    Porters is good, further only the coast the Bo Peep does fantastic good traditional Pub Gub. U can find it on the Main A259 about a mile past the pier, opp the Bowling Green.
  • For fish and chips, the Mermaid Cafe opposite the Jerward Gallery really good. Not very big, so don't know about social distancing. Haven't been this year but in the past they have taken cash only. 
  • The Crown pub was pretty decent last time I was in Hastings.

Undercliffe house too
  • Drove through there last Thursday lots of work going on around the old town...the dolphin pub does good meals last time I went about a year ago
  • Whites has always been highly recommended to me but have not got to visit myself yet.
    Daughter eats in there every year as she always has a summer weekend there. They even know her name when she walks in.
  • Bull Inn on the road to Bexhill ,or Porters Old Town.If you want to see Hastings at its best local Spoons,The John Logie Baird town centre.
  • If you like Italian 
    The italian way on the roundabout is always good
  • Haven’t eaten there for a while but Maggie’s fish and chip restaurant was always really good.

It’s up the end where the smoking huts are.
  • Sponsored links:

• if you if you are looking for an old traditional type of place the regal along the sea front in old town is good, looks a small place from the outside and not the most “inviting” but the food has always been great when we have been in there, 
  • Pop along the seafront to st leonards and you 'll find a lovely Italian restaurant called bella Vista highly recommended 
    More or less behind marine court in st leonards you 'll also find a good place called st clemence. 
    There's a nice steak restaurant in the old town called the 2 bulls..lots of good food in the pubs in the high street 

• Bull Inn on the road to Bexhill ,or Porters Old Town.If you want to see Hastings at its best local Spoons,The John Logie Baird town centre.
    Not sure if you're being ironic here ? :smiley:
    Not sure if you're being ironic here ? :smiley:
    yes i am and i go in there a lot
  • I was down in Hastings a couple of weeks ago, I love Italian food so tried 'Rustico Italian', I believe it is a sicilian restaurants. Ate as much as possible, small pasta dish, arrancini, cannoli and shared a pizza. Really good. 31 Robertson street

Then walk it off and head to 'Brewing brothers The Imperial' for some really decent beer choices. Or you can eat there, there is a great pizza oven and it was being used non stop the whole time I was there. 119 Queens street
  • Yeah, forgot Rustico. Pretty decent, at least their Bexhill one is.
  • Many thanks for all your suggestions, I'll let you know how I get on.

Now, where did I put my bucket and spade? B)
  • Many thanks for all your suggestions, I'll let you know how I get on.

Now, where did I put my bucket and spade? B)
    Have a lovely day it looks as though it will be a good one.