Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Julian Gray wanted by Charlton

edited September 2006 in Rumours
According to the BBC Saturday Gossip:
Birmingham winger Julian Gray is wanted by Charlton. (Daily Mirror)

Why would we want another winger (?) and, if we do, I'd much rather see Routledge then Gray. Sounds like rubbish to me.

Comments

• Doesn't thrill me but he might me a makeweight in a Marcus Bent deal I guess.
  • This has been on and off all Summer, first hand knowledge on this one.
  • must admit that I always wished we signed him when we had the chance , would make a great squad player at the very least , more as a wing back than an out and out winger.
  • five months on......

and it appears we are still keen on him, according to the Independent. Along with Seedorf's nephew.
  • This has been on and off for years now! Remember the friendly at QPR when he played for us?
  • I thought he did well that day. He was training with us but as he was soon out of contract we didn't want to pay the money Palarse wanted. Out of contract again this summer so won't cost a lot. Reckon he's a lot more direct than Thomas and can cross a good ball. IF signed does that signal that Thomas is going ??
  • Possibly another Thatcher-type move in the sense that we sell Thomas for say 1.5M but get Gray for 400/500K. Same job, less sovs.
  • i get the impression Thomas has wanted out for a while to be honest.

Don't think we're fashionable enough a club for him....
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I thought he did well that day. He was training with us but as he was soon out of contract we didn't want to pay the money Palarse wanted. Out of contract again this summer so won't cost a lot. Reckon he's a lot more direct than Thomas and can cross a good ball. IF signed does that signal that Thomas is going ??

Palace fan at work has wanted rid of him for ages. Says he's lazy but quite quick, and his crosses normally end up in the stand behind the goal. In short no better than what we have.
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]IPalace fan at work has wanted rid of him for ages.

err, he got his wish about a year and a half ago ! Typical Palace behind the times.... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry AFKA i meant when he was at Palace and we were linked with him before he went Birmingham