Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Profile page update

Hi, being a relatively new member, still learning the finer
points of the forum, but can someone please advise if it
is possible to delete notifications from my profile page,
Thanks.

Comments

• Just click on the notifications section, it'll remove the number count, but doesnt actually remove them
  • Cheers for your help, so i take it that it is not possible
    to remove them permanently ?
  • Anyone able to tell me how to change my email address. About to close down the one I registered with. 
  • edited October 2020
    Thanks.
    @eastterrace6168 If you want to actually remove them, there's an x at the top right hand side of each notification. If you click on that, it'll ask you if you want to confirm and then it'll get deleted.
  • @HardyAddick on your profile page there's a little head and shoulders icon. Click on that, and choose "edit profile" from the drop down. You can then change your email address on the next screen.
  • aliwibble said:
    Thanks.
    @eastterrace6168 If you want to actually remove them, there's an x at the top right hand side of each notification. If you click on that, it'll ask you if you want to confirm and then it'll get deleted.
    Many thanks aliwibble, will give it a go  :)
  • aliwibble, appreciate your advice above, however there is no x next to
    the notifications on my profile.
    Don't want to waste too much of your time, but any ideas please?
  • aliwibble said:
    @HardyAddick on your profile page there's a little head and shoulders icon. Click on that, and choose "edit profile" from the drop down. You can then change your email address on the next screen.
    I have clicked on that. Just comes up "preferences"  nothing on next screen about changing email. Am I missing something?
  • edited October 2020
    aliwibble said:
    @HardyAddick on your profile page there's a little head and shoulders icon. Click on that, and choose "edit profile" from the drop down. You can then change your email address on the next screen.
    I have clicked on that. Just comes up "preferences"  nothing on next screen about changing email. Am I missing something?
    No, i just checked my profile, only preferences appears. No edit profile. 
  • aliwibble said:
    No, i just checked my profile, only preferences appears. No edit profile. 
    Same here, no edit available, any ideas on my question?
  • Sponsored links:

• OK, just tested it, and it looks like that's only a mod thing then. I'm pretty sure we used to be able to, so it's either a bug, or they changed that after there was a flurry of people playing silly buggers with changing their screen name. I'll go back and ask our tech guru.
    In the mean time @HardyAddick if you DM me I can change your email address for you.
  • aliwibble said:
    OK, just tested it, and it looks like that's only a mod thing then. I'm pretty sure we used to be able to, so it's either a bug, or they changed that after there was a flurry of people playing silly buggers with changing their screen name. I'll go back and ask our tech guru.
    In the mean time @HardyAddick if you DM me I can change your email address for you.
    Thanks aliwibble, will leave it with you and the tech's, 
    Appreciate my question was a bit strange, but it would
    be good to be able to control notifications received staying
    live
    Concise and to the point.