Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parkinson: Shelvey should stick with Addicks

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4151362.Parkinson__Shelvey_should_stick_with_Addicks/

Comments

• Funny, Parky was saying a week ago that Shelvey wasn't going anywhere. Uhmmm
  • AFKA said he is going to sign in his most recent blog as well.

;-)
  • I was thinking exactly the same!

I suppose in a couple of days we'll know hoperfully!
  • The answer Parky gives, depends on the question he has been asked and how it was phrased

The article just gives his answer.
  • As others have said all will become clear one way or the other on 27 February.

I hope he stays but won't be surprised if he decides not to.
  • Glass half empty, Len .... ?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Glass half empty, Len .... ?

;o)

Just a realist Oggy.
  • Oh, Len .......nobody listens to a word I say, lol
  • I really hope he stays too. I just hope not getting a bit more first team action, after his fine displays for the reserves,hasn't made him dissalusioned with us.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]As others have said all will become clear one way or the other on 27 February.

Is it certain that we will find out on the 27th? Does his current contract actually end on his 17th birthday or is that just the earliest time he can sign a pro deal? If his contract isn't up on that day could this run on longer while Jonjo negotiates with CAFC and (in theory) whoever else is interested?

I have only questions and no answers
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]As others have said all will become clear one way or the other on 27 February.

Is it certain that we will find out on the 27th? Does his current contract actually end on his 17th birthday or is that just the earliest time he can sign a pro deal? If his contract isn't up on that day could this run on longer while Jonjo negotiates with CAFC and (in theory) whoever else is interested?

I have only questions and no answers

I guess he can sign as and when he likes. So on his birthday or later depending if he has been offered another contract and assuming we want to keep him : - )

Panic stations on CL if his signing hasn't been announced by 00.01 on the morning of 27/2/09
  • Would he want to be in a position whereby he is out of contract wherever he is?

It only takes (God forbid) an injury in training or a match and he could be left in limbo with nowhere to go.
  • I'm only thinking an extra few days really, Len, but I see what you mean. Given how long he's been known as an exciting prospect I guess they should have had enough time to sort out a contract.