Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will Matty Holland still be here next season?

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
I hope so.

Not a regular starter but certainly a great person to have around the ground I feel. Maybe help out with the coaching too.

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Have been wondering this. I'm pretty certain the other out of contract senior players will go - Zheng, Ambrose and Todorov, but Holland is the one who might well stay around.

Edit: Fortune's another one, there's a chance of him staying as well.
  • Todrov is a dead cert to go
    Ambrose ubsure after Parkie bigging him up
    ZZ - injury prone if he goes not sure we would get a lot
  • I hope so too.

It all depends whether he thinks he can still play regular football at a decent level or is "happy" by playing a bit part while (hopefully) getting involved ina bit of coaching etc.
  • edited February 2009
    I dont think he will. Wherever we are next season it will be seen as a fresh start and I dont think Holland will be part of that.
  • I hope he stays, but I think Brunello might be right.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Todrov is a dead cert to go
    Ambrose ubsure after Parkie bigging him up
    ZZ - injury prone if he goes not sure we would get a lot

ZZ is out of contract so he'd go on a free like the other two.

Ambrose has a lot to do if he wants a new contract. Especially on the wages he's on, we couldn't justify that sort of money on an inconsistent player that hasn't done enough for the last few years.
  • hopefully not
  • I think he will. Certainly hope so.
  • agree really hope he stays - I love Matty - in a manly kind of way!
  • I think over the summer there will be a wholesale shake up of the club on the coaching as well as playing staff, Holland may be included in a coaching role.

I have a very strong basis for this, my furtive imagination - so I can't be wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Not as a CM.
  • Doubt it, legs have gone so no good in the team anymore, and if we could get him I would much rather have Murty as the 'older head'. Matty always seemed to be the quiet type so not quite so inspirational...albeit a model pro and one the kids could learn from.
  • For always fronting up he deserves a coaching role hopefully.

Every apprentice should aspire to be like Holland and Sir Chris.
  • Time to put him out to STUD.
  • I think he'll probably not be offered a new contract. I must say I hope one day he will be able to coach here because he truely is a model professional.
  • Have been wondering this. I'm pretty certain the other out of contract senior players will go - Zheng, Ambrose and Todorov, but Holland is the one who might well stay around.

Edit: Fortune's another one, there's a chance of him staying as well.

Have to agree with the above quote..... although Matty deserves something for all his hard work, and work ethic.

Be good to see him and Chris Powell offered a coaching role, both excellent role models for the young players, and both good with the media.