Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Mumford at Bromley Addicks on 17 December

13»

Comments

• Options

Went to the Valley with TS and tried to look over the fence. Blagged their way into Sparrows Lane and the "love affair" had started.

With the Club or one another?

Thanks HI, appreciate the write-up. :smiley:
  • Options
    Really good write up Henry, impressed that Wayne acknowledged that the lift to the museum was on Thomas’s top 50 things that needed sorting at the club!
  • Options
    Really good write up Henry, impressed that Wayne acknowledged that the lift to the museum was on Thomas’s top 50 things that needed sorting at the club!
    Top five
  • Options
    Priority #49 ..... Car Park potholes. :smile:

• Options
    Like others have said, thanks for the write up! 

The mix of positivity and senisbility is great to hear, I like that TS and co are aimming as high as possible. Even if we don't quite get to where they want to be, it's something to get behind.   

Also great to hear about staff in general being happier, seems like they're putting a lot of effort into restoring morale at the Valley. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the write up @Henry Irving

Everything I read from these guys makes me question how on earth after where we were less than 6 months ago we've managed to get here. Success might not be instant and there is a lot to unravel but there are a lot of good ideas and intentions on the scene now. 
    After years of completely shit owners, we've struck gold with TS. We were due a bit of luck though.
  • Options

Everything I read from these guys makes me question how on earth after where we were less than 6 months ago we've managed to get here. Success might not be instant and there is a lot to unravel but there are a lot of good ideas and intentions on the scene now. 
    After years of completely shit owners, we've struck gold with TS. We were due a bit of luck though.
    It’s just going to make it even more heartbreaking when he turns out to be a wrongun too!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It’s just going to make it even more heartbreaking when we do fuck all and tread water in the Championship and League One for years 

• Options
    se9addick said:

It’s just going to make it even more heartbreaking when he turns out to be a wrongun too!
    ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

What are you on about?  
  • Options
    That's because Henry is getting a bit too old to climb the stairs. 
  • Options
    That's because Henry is getting a bit too old to climb the stairs. 
    Too bloody true

• Options
    Scoham said:
    What, if anything, has already been implemented?
    The upgrade of valley Pass is the most obvious.  That means we have a much better platform to promote the club inside and outside the UK and with potential commercial partners who aren't already fans/connected to the club.

A lot more in the pipeline that could be huge if it comes about but one thing was Zheng Zhi has agreed to do a short film about his time at Charlton which he is very positive about.  He has 8m followers on Chinese social media alone.  @Jessie will be in her element

Will type more notes tomorrow.
    Hi Henry. That is great news. One thing I'm not sure about is whether Zheng Zhi is on social media. I don't see him on any Chinese social media platforms.... 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Scoham said:
    The upgrade of valley Pass is the most obvious.  That means we have a much better platform to promote the club inside and outside the UK and with potential commercial partners who aren't already fans/connected to the club.

A lot more in the pipeline that could be huge if it comes about but one thing was Zheng Zhi has agreed to do a short film about his time at Charlton which he is very positive about.  He has 8m followers on Chinese social media alone.  @Jessie will be in her element

Hi Henry. That is great news. One thing I'm not sure about is whether Zheng Zhi is on social media. I don't see him on any Chinese social media platforms.... 
    Thanks @Jessie and good to hear from you.

I'll check back with Wayne
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Scoham said:

I think he mentioned Weibo and/or WeChat....... 
  • Options
    Thanks for the write up H. 

Can I just ask, is there a club our size that has had any sort of success tapping into any foreign market, let alone China and India?

To me it just seems a bit of an easy thing to say. There is no doubting the number of punters but there have been Chinese and Indian owners in the EFL.  To me it just begs the question why no one has ever done it before? 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Scoham said:

I was sure that Wayne said Zheng Zhou had 8 Million followers on his social media Platforms in China.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Can I just ask, is there a club our size that has had any sort of success tapping into any foreign market, let alone China and India?

To me it just seems a bit of an easy thing to say. There is no doubting the number of punters but there have been Chinese and Indian owners in the EFL.  To me it just begs the question why no one has ever done it before? 
    It's a fair question and I can't give a full answer.

I'm only reporting what Wayne said but he does have international experience and he isn't just expecting it to happen, the potential partnership with the Indian club would be more than a player exchange deal.

We shall see how it develops but it appears to me to be a long game.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Leicester are the obvious example, although they had the advantage of their owner being from the foreign market they were primarily trying to tap into.