Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW ARTICLE: TRAPDOOR LOOMS AS DONCASTER GIVE CHARLTON A FOOTBALLING LESSON

Don't know why, but knocked up a very quick match summary

Agree with my take, or saw things differently ? Please leave any comments after the article, ta

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=214

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Very professional AFKA. Personally I'd have used a lot more swear words! Ian Abrahams described the match as looking like 'elephants on unicycles'.
  • Can't disagree with any of that. I'm seeing it the same way, we're just not good enough, especially up front and with scoring goals. The effort and organisation is there compared to earlier in the season. Just not enough about us as a team, at least not for 90 minutes and consistently every match.
  • [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]Very professional AFKA. Personally I'd have used a lot more swear words! Ian Abrahams described the match as looking like 'elephants on unicycles'.

which to be fair could be an appropriate description of himself
  • Parky blew it for me with the formation last night, two up front at home and some pace and width required - why did he change a winning formulae? The midfield was flat as a pancake and way too deep most of the time.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Parky blew it for me with the formation last night, two up front at home and some pace and width required - why did he change a winning formulae? The midfield was flat as a pancake and way too deep most of the time.

Same formation as at Swansea, Kandol not available.
  • In terrible weather, Doncaster put on a performance that may not be bettered at the Valley this season. It wasn't just our poor performance that made them look good, their quick short passing will trouble a lot of teams before the end of the season. It may not be over mathematically for us yet, but it's hard to see any other outcome.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Parky blew it for me with the formation last night, two up front at home and some pace and width required - why did he change a winning formulae? The midfield was flat as a pancake and way too deep most of the time.

True, Burton was. I'm not his biggest fan. but as you said elsewhere Dicko will work better with someone for him to play off.
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Parky blew it for me with the formation last night, two up front at home and some pace and width required - why did he change a winning formulae? The midfield was flat as a pancake and way too deep most of the time.

True, Burton was. I'm not his biggest fan. but as you said elsewhere Dicko will work better with someone for him to play off.

agree, but if you play Burton or Kandol or even Fleetwood then you have to drop Shelvey or play Jon Jo in a midfield 4 and I'm not sure he's ready for that plus the midfield 4 is gelling well as a unit.

or you put Dickson on the bench and play someone who's came is better suited to one up top.
  • or you put Dickson on the bench and play someone who's came is better suited to one up top.[/quote]

You could put Pele up front on his own in that side but without service or a pass within 30metres our strikers just aint gonna score with one up top.