Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snowing (Dec 23 pg 11)

edited December 2023 in Not Sports Related
Light flurries in Bromley.

Comments

• Light flurries in Bromley.
    Not this part
  • edited January 2021
    We’ve had a fair covering up here since Boxing Day 😞.
  • Little bit in Oxleas Wood, soon turned to rain. 
  • Ms AA reports a bit around Brockwell Park where she's just been outdoor swimming in the Lido (I think she's mad - the water was 3.5C).
  • I always do a winter swim in brockwell in Jan or whenever its most cold. Its lovely. Quick struggle in the cold, straight into the hot tub and then into the posh cafe for a fry
  • had a white Christmas here in N Lincs .. just a dusting of snow, but still a PROPER Christmas Day
    Not in Sundridge Park
  • Nothing in Swanley at all this xmas. 
  • edited January 2021
    Had snow on the roof of our veranda here in Vendée this morning. It wasn't anywhere else though. It could be someone having a laugh with a spray can ;-

By veranda, I mean the conservatory. Sorry, a bit of franglais there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had snow on the roof of our veranda here in Vendée this morning. It wasn't anywhere else though. It could be someone having a laugh with a spray can ;-

Why did you move to Vendee?   (Please feel free to ignore if you don't wish to answer).
    Swanley?! I assumed you lived somewhere posh, not up the road from me!
    Why would you assume that he lives somewhere posh?

Is it because he keeps moaning about Peterborough?
  • Had snow on the roof of our veranda here in Vendée this morning. It wasn't anywhere else though. It could be someone having a laugh with a spray can ;-

Why did you move to Vendee?   (Please feel free to ignore if you don't wish to answer).
    I'm quite happy to answer but it's a long story that I will make short.
    I didn't move to Vendée directly from England as you might expect.

I came to France (Lyon) in 2003 just to learn French to A Level standard. I had planned to stay one year and then decided to stay a second year.
    During this second year I met my wife (in September 2004) (she was a student doctor)
    We bought a flat together in Lyon in 2005
    We got married in 2007.

We sold our flat and moved to the Jura (near Switzerland) in 2008  (for her work to become 'attaché)
    We then moved to the Vendée in 2010 (again for her work to be a 'practicien hospitalier')
    (what seems incredible looking back is that in both of these years we had the birth of our first two children)

We bought our house her in La Roche sur Yon in 2012
    We had our third child in 2015

Actually she wanted to move again much further south this year (well, 2020) to work in the private sector. I was against it and countered her with job possibilities in the UK including one near-ish my parents (Brighton) and another near Peterborough. I knew that she would refuse to move to the UK and I know that it would be tough for us, both financially and regarding the children's education. If I was convinced that the move south would be good (even if just for her) I would consider it seriously. Also with this Covid19 situation it seems an odd time to propose moving again.

I'm not sure why I've added that last paragraph Maybe just to get it off my chest. I haven't even told my family because we have so far decided to stay put. I shall alert those that may be interested @golfaddick & @LargeAddick
    Merci, tres interessant. Bon chance.
    Why would you assume that he lives somewhere posh?

Is it because he keeps moaning about Peterborough?
    Fair point. It's my stereotype of people working in finance - sorry Golfie

I came to France (Lyon) in 2003 just to learn French to A Level standard. I had planned to stay one year and then decided to stay a second year.
    During this second year I met my wife (in September 2004) (she was a student doctor)
    We got married in 2007.

We sold our flat and moved to the Jura (near Switzerland) in 2008  (for her work to become 'attaché)
    We then moved to the Vendée in 2010 (again for her work to be a 'practicien hospitalier')
    (what seems incredible looking back is that in both of these years we had the birth of our first two children)

Actually she wanted to move again much further south this year (well, 2020) to work in the private sector. I was against it and countered her with job possibilities in the UK including one near-ish my parents (Brighton) and another near Peterborough. I knew that she would refuse to move to the UK and I know that it would be tough for us, both financially and regarding the children's education. If I was convinced that the move south would be good (even if just for her) I would consider it seriously. Also with this Covid19 situation it seems an odd time to propose moving again.

I'm not sure why I've added that last paragraph Maybe just to get it off my chest. I haven't even told my family because we have so far decided to stay put. I shall alert those that may be interested @golfaddick & @LargeAddick
    I spent two and a bit hours on the phone to you the other week and you never mentioned this? Would have been more interesting than discussing Covid.
    The other week? It was in early December I think. I'll let you know if anything newsworthy happens. So far there hasn't even been an enquiry made about any vacancy. @LargeAddick

We got married in 2007.

Merci, tres interessant. Bon chance.
    Here you see the full extent of Covered ends French.
  • Sponsored links:

Does it?
  • Light snow forecast for SE London overnight & tomorrow morning.
  • Light snow forecast for SE London overnight & tomorrow morning.
    Enjoy. I expect it'll be raining in Cornwall. It usually does. 

• Had about seven inches in West Yorkshire yesterday. No thaw today with some more snow tonight followed by rain Saturday pm. 
    I have a lot of family in West Yorkshire and they sent me some pics & videos of the snow, looked very deep in places. 
  • Had about seven inches in West Yorkshire yesterday. No thaw today with some more snow tonight followed by rain Saturday pm. Woke up to this. 
    show off
  • Really want snow this year - none of the usual concerns of can I get to (and more importantly home from) work etc, and something to cheer the kids up at the moment given everything going on.

So typically it's just been raining loads and bloody cold.