Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kings troop horses run amok in Charlton Park this morning [11/1/21]

edited January 2021 in Not Sports Related
Service personnel were hurt and an eyewitness at at the scene told The Charlton Champion that one horse was taken away injured after the incident at about 10am. Other service personnel were said to be looking shaken.
One horse made it as far as Charlton Park Lane before being retrieved, hoof prints were left round Charlton Park.
It is understood the horses broke free after a motorist sounded a car horn behind them at about 10am. Ambulances were on the scene outside Charlton House for about an hour. An air ambulance arrived but left without taking a patient on board.
https://charltonchampion.co.uk/2021/01/11/injuries-after-kings-troop-horses-run-amok-in-charlton-park/

Comments

• All I was trying to do was to get out the car park. Been here what seems like years.....😄
    brilliant 
  • I despair really.   What are the thought processes of the twerp sounding the horn behind the horses?  Really beggars belief.

Perhaps the human race does need a reboot and in the absence of huge asteroid impact, covid will just have to do.
  • Curb_It said:
    One bloke said the tooting car tried to overtake them.  Who bibs horses?  Idiots.  
    The same sort of person that bibs learner drivers.
  • clive said:
    Service personnel were hurt and an eyewitness at at the scene told The Charlton Champion that one horse was taken away injured after the incident at about 10am. Other service personnel were said to be looking shaken.
    One horse made it as far as Charlton Park Lane before being retrieved, hoof prints were left round Charlton Park.
    It is understood the horses broke free after a motorist sounded a car horn behind them at about 10am. Ambulances were on the scene outside Charlton House for about an hour. An air ambulance arrived but left without taking a patient on board.
    https://charltonchampion.co.uk/2021/01/11/injuries-after-kings-troop-horses-run-amok-in-charlton-park/
    No disrespect but can anyone who posts on here NOT post things like "This morning"!  It makes no sense as tomorrow it will be out-of-date and confusing to anyone who didn't log on "today"...  Why not post " Kings troop horses run amok in Charlton Park on the morning on 11th January, 2021".  Petty I know but much clearer!
  • edited January 2021
    Curb_It said:
    One bloke said the tooting car tried to overtake them.  Who bibs horses?  Idiots.  
    The same sort of person that bibs learner drivers.
    And does not wear a mask, and does not social distance, and meets all their family at Christmas and expects the NHS to be there when they get Covid, etc, etc. Cretins the lot of them
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    I despair really.   What are the thought processes of the twerp sounding the horn behind the horses?  Really beggars belief.

Perhaps the human race does need a reboot and in the absence of huge asteroid impact, covid will just have to do.

• Obviously the person who hooted their horn is a complete **** who deserves a kick from a horse in the most painful place

I am surprised though that it caused such complete chaos, these are well trained military horses who you'd have thought would be used to urban and indeed military noise like ceremonial gunfire
  • I hope one of the injured is the driver, having been dragged out of his car and given a much deserved shoeing. Probably not, though.
  • edited January 2021
    CafcWest said:
    clive said:
    No disrespect but can anyone who posts on here NOT post things like "This morning"!  It makes no sense as tomorrow it will be out-of-date and confusing to anyone who didn't log on "today"...  Why not post " Kings troop horses run amok in Charlton Park on the morning on 11th January, 2021".  Petty I know but much clearer!
  • edited January 2021
    Obviously the person who hooted their horn is a complete **** who deserves a kick from a horse in the most painful place

I am surprised though that it caused such complete chaos, these are well trained military horses who you'd have thought would be used to urban and indeed military noise like ceremonial gunfire.
    Not necessarily. They might be very early in the training.
  • The horses might have been spooked unexpectedly, and those horses exercising without a human on their back could've bolted before they could be restrained.
  • Curb_It said:
    Was in that very spot a bit earlier in the morning.

Pleased to hear that no one else in the park seems to have been injured, given it has been quite busy with people walking dogs.
  • All I was trying to do was to get out the car park. Been here what seems like years.....😄
    brilliant 
    What’s your encore golfy?
    pushing over old ladies in Asda?
    Throwing stones at children?
    letting down tyres on wheelchairs?
    laugh? 🤮
    brilliant 
    laugh? 🤮
    There was a really serious incident (brilliant laugh) when golfy was stuck in the car park for real.
    The panic for 10mins or so was hilarious 🤣

• Sponsored links:

brilliant 
    laugh? 🤮
    There was a really serious incident (brilliant laugh) when golfy was stuck in the car park for real.

Yeah, I don't think @StigThundercock got the connection....😃
    brilliant 
    laugh? 🤮
    You’ve got the wrong end of the stick Stig.
    brilliant 
    laugh? 🤮

Yeah, I don't think @StigThundercock got the connection....😃
    Still laugh remembering it mate