Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Explosion Sound

Comments

• Johnson on his bike breaking through the sound barrier?????????
  • Big Bang in Bexleyheath  - Wife said I made it up
  • Reckon it was heard all over SE London and it was caused by a Typhoon Eurofighter
    Typhoon Eurofighter ...... something to do with Brexit?

• sralan said:
    Johnson on his bike breaking through the sound barrier?????????
    More than likely fell off it.
  • edited January 2021
    Big Bang in Bexleyheath  - Wife said I made it up
    About time Bexleyheath caught up with the rest of the universe.
  • edited January 2021
    heard it in Southend. Thought something had smashed into my house. 
  • Reckon it was heard all over SE London and it was caused by a Typhoon Eurofighter
    I thought the name was Tyson Fury.
  • It sounded almost overhead in Billericay.
    i thought that something had fallen over in an upstairs bedroom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hell of a bang then? Surprised I didn't hear it in Chorley...
  • Damn, missed all the excitement.
  • My 2 stepdaughters heard it. Both the missus and myself didn't. Hearing tests booked in
  • Wilma said:
    I must be the only person in the South East that didn't hear it!

Typical woman, only hearing what you want to......
  • Heard it whilst walking through Crystal Palace Park. Very loud. 
  • In Belvedere, I didn’t hear it so much as felt it, the house seemed to shake a little bit.

A couple of years ago I was in East Anglia and one morning there was what sounded like a very loud explosion rather than a boom...it turned out they had scrambled a fighter, and rather than waiting to get to altitude before going supersonic, they were told to give it maximum welly immediately. I bet the pilot loved getting that order!
  • Hell of a bang then? Surprised I didn't hear it in Chorley...
    Do you hear much I'm chorley? Is news still delivered via horse and cart. 
  • edited January 2021
    Gotta tell ya......those Typhoons are absolute beasts.
    If you are out in a battlefield situation or place of conflict if you have one of those mf’s coming at you you haven’t a cat in hells chance of escape/surviving ......they are on you in the blink of an eye......and gone just as quick!
    A real piece of kit.
    When you think that about it, three or four of them (with the weaponry they now carry) at The Normandy Landings would have been sufficient to have destroyed the major portion of the Nazi beach defences in just a few sorties, incredible how these war planes have evolved into virtually the capabilities of a battleship of the day as far as weaponry and performance are concerned.
  • Epping here 
    heard it
    sons school mates in Hertford heard it 
    It was my bathroom, constipation problem sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer just lost it.
  • I heard it.

(no I didn't, I lie).
  • bobmunro said:
    I heard it.

(no I didn't, I lie).
    I believe you also claimed to be at the Huddersfield 7-6 game.😏
  • edited January 2021
    If you are out in a battlefield situation or place of conflict if you have one of those mf’s coming at you you haven’t a cat in hells chance of escape/surviving ......they are on you in the blink of an eye......and gone just as quick!
    A real piece of kit.
    When you think that about, three or four of them (with the weaponry they now carry) at The Normandy Landings would have been sufficient to have destroyed a very large proportion of Nazi defences in just a few sorties, incredible how these war planes have evolved into virtually the capabilities of a battleship of the day as far as weaponry is concerned.
    Soon to be replaced by the tempest too, the speed of development is very impressive. 
  • LTKapal said:
    A real piece of kit.
    When you think that about, three or four of them (with the weaponry they now carry) at The Normandy Landings would have been sufficient to have destroyed a very large proportion of Nazi defences in just a few sorties, incredible how these war planes have evolved into virtually the capabilities of a battleship of the day as far as weaponry is concerned.
    Soon to be replaced by the tempest too, the speed of development is very impressive. 
    I know the RAF have had budget cuts, but not sire about the 'development' of the Tempest

Hawker Tempest Mk II  Hawker tempest Wwii aircraft Hawker typhoon
  • edited January 2021
    Addickted said:
    LTKapal said:
    A real piece of kit.
    I know the RAF have had budget cuts, but not sire about the 'development' of the Tempest

Hawker Tempest Mk II  Hawker tempest Wwii aircraft Hawker typhoon
    "Stick a jet engine on it, I'm sure it'll fly" 😉

No, I saw a mockup of it (New tempest) at Warton Aerodrome, it looks very sleek and aesthetic, like an F22 but moreso, was very impressed.

Seeing as they're rehashing all of the old storm based plane names, I wouldnt be surprised if we get another hurricane further down the line. 
  • heard it in Southend. Thought something had smashed into my house. 
    Loud and clear in Wakering. I just assumed that they were doing weapons testing at Shoebury until people from work who are an the other side of town reported hearing it.