Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Spector

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Christmas Album (a gift for you) has the best ever Christmas Songs imo
    It's not hard to ignore him when listening to the album, what with him not being a singer or anything. But then bam - he starts talking about making the album on the final track and totally ruins it. 
  • Options
    RIP Lana Clarkson.

lana-clarkson-killed
    Post of the year.  Very well said, Wheresmeticket?
  • Options
    He certainly had some issues , i remember reading about the time he produced the Ramones and held them at gun point .

Spector reportedly held the Ramones hostage at gunpoint. According to Dee Dee, when Spector took Joey away for a three-hour private meeting somewhere in his mansion where the album was to be recorded, Dee Dee went looking for them. "The next thing I knew Phil appeared at the top of the staircase, shouting and waving a pistol."

He levelled his gun at my heart and then motioned for me and the rest of the band to get back in the piano room ... He only holstered his pistol when he felt secure that his bodyguards could take over. Then he sat down at his black concert piano and made us listen to him play and sing "Baby, I Love You" until well after 4:30 in the morning.

— Dee Dee Ramone