Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rate my plate/ lambast my lunch (kids lockdown lunch edition)

13»

Comments

• The thing is you see on twitter and the news people say give parents shopping vouchers to buy the kids food.

But clearly some parents have taken the piss, I went into Iceland in Catford the other day and there was big signs on the tills saying, u cant use food vouchers to buy alcohol, now they wouldn't need those signs unless people have tried.

Obviously most parents would use the vouchers correctly, but the few that try and use them for alcohol or other stuff seem to ruin it for everyone else, because instead of vouchers u end up with the sham food parcels that were being given out
  • I worked for the DHSS nearly forty years ago. We gave out food vouchers for the very, very few that could not be trusted with money and they were only allowed to spend it on food. Nothing else. If it worked then, it can work now. 

Truth is, someone has to make money out of everything that the government touches, a lot of money.   

• Truth is, someone has to make money out of everything that the government touches, a lot of money.   
    I know. What a bastard having to pay all those NHS workers, Police, Firemen, teachers, Armed Forces Personnel and civil servants to do a job.
  • What I believe to be a deliberate Government policy to create hungry children has been exacerbated by the benefits system.
    A benefits system few people have objected to when it comes to furloughing people and paying out specific amounts due to the horror of the pandemic.
    However the state of the previous system came under attack for several reasons.
    One reason is the faux outrage whipped up by those observing a minority of people seemingly abusing the system in Catford and elsewhere. Another reason for attacking the benefits system is to create desperation that can be exploited by people wanting cheap and compliant labour.
    (Workers protection now at risk because of breexit).
    What has happened is the two bedroom system attacking the poor, the forthcoming two child system where benefits are for a maximum of two children, and their allowance will have to stretch to help a third or fourth (or more) child, and the benefits cap which disadvantages people paying high rents and other costs.
    There are in work benefits necessary, so it's not like they are being claimed by the work shy.
    No wonder Unicef felt the need to help British children.
    Thank god for charities eh?
  • The vast majority of parents will spend vouchers appropriately. The government want control of the spending so they can feed a narrative of how awful working class parents are. 
  • Addickted said:

Truth is, someone has to make money out of everything that the government touches, a lot of money.   
    I know. What a bastard having to pay all those NHS workers, Police, Firemen, teachers, Armed Forces Personnel and civil servants to do a job.
    Not paying any of those what they deserve though
  • Only poor people steal, wouldn't get a politician fiddling books or claiming for shite thats irrelevant. If they did catch someone, maybe all the subsidised food and beer at the commons should be stopped for all.... only seems fair after all. 
  • seth plum said:
    What I believe to be a deliberate Government policy to create hungry children has been exacerbated by the benefits system.

Do you seriously believe that?
  • Addickted said:

I should have used the word "outsources" rather than "touches" shouldn't I... 
  • Fuck me could you all give it a rest and just go back to posting pictures of food?! 
    Here's a risotto I made, bacon, leek and mushroom with red wine instead of white in the cooking process
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Fuck me could you all give it a rest and just go back to posting pictures of food?! 
    Here's a risotto I made, bacon, leek and mushroom with red wine instead of white in the cooking process
    No white wine due to Brexit shortages?  ;):D
  • The DfE has just announced that the national free school meals voucher scheme will go live from Monday (tomorrow).
    Some schools received emails and communication about this on Wednesday, others on Friday evening and Saturday, and have until mid day today to register.
    Nothing like giving insufficient notice to sort it out eh?
  • Addickted said:
    seth plum said:
    What I believe to be a deliberate Government policy to create hungry children has been exacerbated by the benefits system.

Do you seriously believe that?
    Yes.
    The clue is in the words 'what I believe'.
    As for 'seriously', well my response would be to say that hungry children is not a minor thing but a serious thing.
  • Moroccan tagine thing... 

Dazzler21 said:
    Dinner ready for tonight, Moroccan style vegan thing with cous cous 

Bollocks games kicked off.
    Stick it on the rate my plate thread and everyone can tell you that the cous cous looks dry.
    You can handle it though😉