Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton home shirt

Hi all

i was given a cafc home shirt for Xmas by my sons in size L. Not sure where they bought it but because it came up too tight they exchanged it for an XL. 
I didn’t want to appear ungrateful after their efforts so accepted it with thanks but in reality I feel the XL is too baggy. 
Has anyone else noticed a disparity between sizes or are these Hummel sizings quite accurate. Seems to me to be a big difference between the L and XL. 
 Shame cos it’s a lovely shirt 

Comments

• My grey XL fits ok. I must admit, I am not a fan of the material, it feels a bit too thin. Might be better for playing in though. My son is an M but in the kit a L is better, whereas that isn't the case with everything else he wears so there may be a difference.
  • Thanks
    just wondered if anyone has experienced inconsistency in the sizing. I.e. two same sized shirts, not being exactly the same
  • I really don't like the shirts, the shape and the material. Not ideal if you are overweight!
  • They're a bit toight in the medium compared to others I've had, but not by much. 

They're definitely one of the best we've had for playing in/running in in terms of comfort and breathability. 
  • I think they need to make "Classic" versions of football shirts like they do with rugby shirts. With those you have the option to buy the actual tight fit shirt the players wear if thats your thing, or you can buy a "classic" cotton edition with a big collar and long sleeves, but it has the same graphics/design on the shirt itself as the players version. 

• CAFCTrev said:
    I think they need to make "Classic" versions of football shirts like they do with rugby shirts. With those you have the option to buy the actual tight fit shirt the players wear if thats your thing, or you can buy a "classic" cotton edition with a big collar and long sleeves, but it has the same graphics/design on the shirt itself as the players version. 

Nike and Adidas already do this for the big teams. Not sure I’m in favour - the ‘vapor’ shirts are awful for anyone who doesn’t have a six pack, and the ‘stadium’ shirts are still not ‘leisurely’ enough

• I love the way no actually answered the question.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Hi all

i was given a cafc home shirt for Xmas by my sons in size L. Not sure where they bought it but because it came up too tight they exchanged it for an XL. 
    I didn’t want to appear ungrateful after their efforts so accepted it with thanks but in reality I feel the XL is too baggy. 
    Has anyone else noticed a disparity between sizes or are these Hummel sizings quite accurate. Seems to me to be a big difference between the L and XL. 
     Shame cos it’s a lovely shirt 
    I reckon if you just put on a few pounds just before you intend to wear it you should be fine. Of course you will have to lose that weight to be able to fit in all your other clothes.

You’re welcome.  
    I originally bought an L and exchanged it for an XL. Cannot say I noticed a big disparity in size. One fit and other didn't.
    I mean I did say: 

Dazzler21 said:
    They're a bit toight in the medium compared to others I've had, but not by much. 
    and the question was: 

Taxi_Lad said:
    Has anyone else noticed a disparity between sizes or are these Hummel sizings quite accurate.

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think they need to make "Classic" versions of football shirts like they do with rugby shirts. With those you have the option to buy the actual tight fit shirt the players wear if thats your thing, or you can buy a "classic" cotton edition with a big collar and long sleeves, but it has the same graphics/design on the shirt itself as the players version. 

Nike and Adidas already do this for the big teams. Not sure I’m in favour - the ‘vapor’ shirts are awful for anyone who doesn’t have a six pack, and the ‘stadium’ shirts are still not ‘leisurely’ enough

Its not exactly the same thing, the classic rugby shirts are big chunky long sleeve cotton items designed to resembled traditional shirts pre-2000s. The stadium vs player football shirts are really a case of the same shirt fitting a tad looser, visually they look identical at first glance.