Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• I’m guessing the now the vulnerable list are being vaccinated, this starts at the higher age bracket and works down?

im 42 and diabetic. I’m guessing that I’m way down the group 6 list based on age?
  • Mr Tatters (over 65) has got his first vaccine on Sunday. Pleased about that. I'm in group 6 so probably the next lot.

Maybe you could get yours at the same time.
  • I had mine on Saturday (I am 65). I had the Astra Zeneca one and am quite disappointed that I didn’t get any after effects at all. I was always taught that if it didn’t hurt afterwards it hadn’t ’taken’. Hope that is just an old wives tale.....
  • edited February 2021
    I had mine on Saturday (I am 65). I had the Astra Zeneca one and am quite disappointed that I didn’t get any after effects at all. I was always taught that if it didn’t hurt afterwards it hadn’t ’taken’. Hope that is just an old wives tale.....

Would be interested to know this too.  Have had the flu jab the past 3 years and not had any sort of reaction so wonder if my immune response is lackadaisical or it can be effective without eliciting a response.
  • I had mine on Saturday (I am 65). I had the Astra Zeneca one and am quite disappointed that I didn’t get any after effects at all. I was always taught that if it didn’t hurt afterwards it hadn’t ’taken’. Hope that is just an old wives tale.....

Would be interested to know this too.  Have had the flu jab the past 3 years and not had any sort of reaction so wonder if my immune response is lackadaisical or it can be effective without eliciting a response.
    It seems that the majority of people don't have a side effect of the AZ vaccine and since it remains effective in the majority of people I do not think you need to worry. I didn't have any side effects to either the flu, pneumonia or covid jabs and so far haven't caught, flu, covid or pneumonia. I am crossing my fingers that the AZ Covid jab, although not effective at mild versions of the South African variant of Covid remains effective against the more serious effects of the Boks christmas present to us.
  • Mr Tatters (over 65) has got his first vaccine on Sunday. Pleased about that. I'm in group 6 so probably the next lot.

Maybe you could get yours at the same time.
    I'm going to wait my turn just in case both of us got side effects - at least this way there's always one of us to look after the chooks.
  • Sponsored links:

• My wife and myself both had the AZ vaccine yesterday at 12.45pm.

We both felt fine until about 9.00pm last night. When we both took a turn for the worse.
    We both had a terrible night. Both had flu like symptoms, with raging headaches and both going from hot to cold.

I have just woken up, and am still in bed as I write this at 1.15pm.

24 hours after receiving the jab we both still feel shit, but hopefully we are slightly better than we were 12 hours ago.
  • As put on the COVID thread, I had the Pfizer injection last night at Charlton House and am fine today. Not quite sure how I was so far up the list (am 50), but am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I was diagnosed with skin cancer 7 years ago or so... Wife had the AZ one at Charlton House two weeks ago (severe asthma) and was very ill for 3 days...same symptoms as @Billericay Dickie above.
  • My wife and myself both had the AZ vaccine yesterday at 12.45pm.

We both felt fine until about 9.00pm last night. When we both took a turn for the worse.
    We both had a terrible night. Both had flu like symptoms, with raging headaches and both going from hot to cold.

I have just woken up, and am still in bed as I write this at 1.15pm.

24 hours after receiving the jab we both still feel shit, but hopefully we are slightly better than we were 12 hours ago.
    Hmm judging on those timescales I might only have a few hours left !!!!

I've certainly heard of more people reacting to AZ than Pfizer.  Sometimes severely, CatJnr's current mentor (London Ambulance) ended up with a 41C temp after having AZ but he previously had Covid so maybe that didn't help
  • Just had the AZ vaccine at my local surgery , bit of a sore arm but i get that with every Jab. 
  • Really having some side effects now  shaking uncontrollably, going from really hot to freezing cold , absolutely pounding headache . 

Feel like I've been steamrollered. 
  • Starting to sound like most of the side effects are coming from the AZ vaccine from those on here who have had it.

I had the Pfizer jab on Tuesday and no reaction to it at all, not even a sore arm. Mind you I have had so many injections over the last three and a half years that I don't even feel the needles going in any more.
  • I’m a 44 yr old good looking chap. I had the Oxford jab on Saturday evening felt fine come Sunday evening I was a right off. Hot cold sweating felt really bad. Went to work Monday felt ok ish. But slept all day Tuesday and Wednesday. I’m really good friends with the family doctor I told him about how I feel. He told me I will feel worse after the second jab so just letting you know be prepared just in case you have things booked in. 
  • Both my wife and I had the AZ jab last week, I felt a little muzziness that day but it may have been coincidental, otherwise we had no adverse reactions. I think it more likely people will post if they’ve had an adverse reaction than not though.
  • One thing everybody may have missed if they didn't read the leaflet. 

No alcohol for 3 weeks after the jab.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    This is an extract from the Governments website on the A Z COVID 19 Vaccine regarding results from trials notably the effects of the second dose;

The Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine was evaluated in clinical trials involving more than 23,000 participants. The most frequently reported adverse reactions in these trials were injection-site tenderness, injection-site pain, headache, fatigue, myalgia, malaise, pyrexia (fever), chills, arthralgia, and nausea; these were each reported in more than 1 in 10 people. The majority of adverse reactions were mild to moderate in severity and usually resolved within a few days of vaccination. Adverse reactions reported after the second dose were milder and reported less frequently than after the first dose. Adverse reactions were generally milder and reported less frequently in older adults (65 years and older) than in younger people.
  • Crusty54 said:
    One thing everybody may have missed if they didn't read the leaflet. 

Hmm, that might explain the muzziness then 😜.
  • RedChaser said:
    Crusty54 said:

Hmm, that might explain the muzziness then 😜.

Hope Muzzy Izzet will be ok when he has it
  • edited February 2021
    Crusty54 said:

Get out of here.

:smile:
    I think alcohol is meant to reduce the effectiveness of building up anti bodies.
  • I'm 35 and got mine all most 2 weeks ago and felt fine after having the pfizer jab. Roll on 2nd on in April 
  • Had my first jab of the Pfizer vintage this afternoon .. at first I was very dubious about the speed at which the vaccine was produced, BUT duty calls and  what's good enough for Queen Liz & Princes Phil and Charlie is good enough for me .. 
     the jab itself was less intrusive than the standard flu injection ..
    many thanks to the terrific NHS staff who are getting these inoculations done at a very efficient and fast rate .. my second dose is due on May 6th
    Good stuff 
  • stonemuse said:
    Had my first jab of the Pfizer vintage this afternoon .. at first I was very dubious about the speed at which the vaccine was produced, BUT duty calls and  what's good enough for Queen Liz & Princes Phil and Charlie is good enough for me .. 
     the jab itself was less intrusive than the standard flu injection ..
    many thanks to the terrific NHS staff who are getting these inoculations done at a very efficient and fast rate .. my second dose is due on May 6th
    Good stuff 
    thanks my friend .. when is yours due (I have no idea at all about your age and/or state of health) ?