Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gio Dos Santos

JTJT
edited March 2009 in Other Football and Sports
Has joined Ipswich on loan from Spurs.

Scored a hat trick for Barca not so long ago!

Comments

• Thought you were going to say he has signed for us!
  • And the equally gifted Taraabt has gone on loan to QPR.
    Both havent really been given a chance to shine yet, I do hope the loan spells toughen them up and HR gives them a chance next season. Somehow I doubt it...

Had real high hopes for both of them, especially Dos Santos. Makes me die when I think back to my post pre-season when I thought he was going to be the next best thing since sliced bread. Having said that, I thought the same about Bentley too so shows how much I know ;-)
  • when dos santos signed for spurs i couldn't believe it. Went relatively cheap too and i thought barce must have put a buy-back clause in there. not so sure now, though.
  • Fantastic signing for them. However, in our current situation he's of no value to us: he's not going to keep us up.

GdS is a talented player, but let's face it, there's every reason that Barcelona released him, in the same way as there's every reason that Moo released Campbell. Neither of these clubs needed the cash. Spurs took a risk and paid for potential, which sometimes pays off, but in these cases it's not paid off.

That said Johnboy, I imagine we all wished we had Spurs's problems
  • Nah.. got to be something wrong there. Barca to Spurs to Ipswich in what three seasons, if that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Nah.. got to be something wrong there. Barca to Spurs to Ipswich in what three seasons, if that.
    1 season. Less than 1 season.
  • Was Dowie involved in the signing?