Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New defensive coach identified

It's been a while so time to forgive and forget and get this man back to sort out the defence

Comments

• Just another village idiot...
  • edited February 2021
  • edited February 2021
    It's been a while so time to forgive and forget and get this man back to sort out the defence

Village idiot  :D
  • Andy Nelson ? 
  • edited February 2021
    He's available, experienced, knows the club.

He looks good for 85 too
  • Got promotion experience at this level 
  • It’s one of first times I’ve seen the bloke smile. If he could find us another David Young for £20,000, he’d be worth putting on the payroll as a scout.

Although his last couple of years with us were tough, it’s a bit odd that he never went back into another management job after leaving us in 1980.
  • I remember Andy and my Dad discussing Derick Hayles and if he would score goals. Andy’s last words were something along the lines of ‘he will get a hat full as I am setting the whole team up to get him the ball in the area’.
  • edited February 2021
    The Charlton legend and record goalscorer is Derek Hales not Derick Hayles.
  • Stuff him coaching, get him in the side now the salary cap has been scrapped 
  • Sponsored links:

• Andy Nelson ? 
    I thought it was Steve Bruce in 20 years time.
  • edited February 2021
    I remember those days, had to score 4 to win.

Also struggling to understand that he was in his 40’s, when he managed us, thought it was at least in his 50’s.