Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland Make Contingency Plans

"We've secured minimum wage cuts of 40% on every player and every contract," Quinn told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Obviously some players won't come down with us, and their agents won't let them, but for us as a business it wouldn't be catastrophic."

Well done Niall.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]"We've secured minimum wage cuts of 40% on every player and every contract," Quinn told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Obviously some players won't come down with us, and their agents won't let them, but for us as a business it wouldn't be catastrophic."

Well done Niall.

The idea is right..................however, how many of those renegotiated contracts now include a minimum fee release clause?.
  • But it strikes me as a genuine attempt to solve a problem that has blighted many 'Yo Yo' clubs of which we must be considered one of them.

The bit I really didnt like is that 'their agents wont let them come down with us'.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]

The bit I really didnt like is that 'their agents wont let them come down with us'.

The agents are employed to do a job - get the best deal for their players, if they fail to do this then they fail to do their jobs properly.