Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hammer House of Horror

On ITV3, ,made a good 30 years ago but always far more scary and disturbing than any of the crap American so called Horror films/TV we get these days.

Comments

• You are joking? Admittedly American horror films are shit - they haven't made a decent one since The Thing - but hammer films are so camp they make my nan look frightening. Japanese and Korean horror are the only truly frightening films I've seen in the last 25 years.
  • I've not gone down that road yet ( Korea and Japan)
    To me there is something spooky about these 70's productions.
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I've not gone down that road yet ( Korea and Japan)
    To me there is something spooky about these 70's productions.
    LOL - the spookiest thing about them is Christopher Lee! The other actors/actresses just make me laugh.

If you want to check out Japanese & Korean horror, the best are 'The Ring', 'The Grudge' 'Tale Of Two Sisters', 'Memento Mori' and 'Dark Water'. There are two or three scenes in each that are genuinely frightening - its just perfectly done.
  • I watched the Jap version of the ring and I can honestly say it was disturbing to say the least. Never,ever watch a film like that in a house full of skunk smokers
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I watched the Jap version of the ring and I can honestly say it was disturbing to say the least. Never,ever watch a film like that in a house full of skunk smokers
    Or, indeed, in a deserted farmhouse on your todd at three o'clock in the morning - like I did :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I watched the Jap version of the ring and I can honestly say it was disturbing to say the least. Never,ever watch a film like that in a house full of skunk smokers
    Or, indeed, in a deserted farmhouse on your todd at three o'clock in the morning - like I did :)

You fooookin loony, I tell thee what films never fuss me especially not horror films but that one did and the added paranoia provided in-house helped. My last misus would not watch anything like that she would literally climb the walls watching that dead set, proper shit fit fashion.
  • edited March 2009
    Anyone seen a Spanish horror called the Orphanage? Its pretty good, Id reccomend it or Rec. a really good one from Argentina, the Yanks have remade it which I havent seen but this is class.
  • You lot obviously haven't been to the Valley lately. Really scary.
  • used to scare me back in the 70's as a kid
    The house that bleed t o death that one gave me nightmares
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]used to scare me back in the 70's as a kid
    The house that bleed t o death that one gave me nightmares

I remember that one..wasn't Nicolas Ball in that one?
  • Sponsored links:

• See the Grudge-- late at night -- alone. There is a sound in that film which is a tad disturbing.

Grudge 2 is shit tho.
  • I wouldn't say Hammer Horror are scary but they gave a kind of quality that still makes them watchable, the Dracula films are better than the over done newer takes on the theme. I know Dr Terrors House of Horror is not a Hammer film but it's in that ballpark and has a nice eerie quality.
  • Exorcist + being on your own + Storms outside = SCAREY !
  • I had a dream i was being strangled to death after watching Midsomer Murders, so forgive me if i give the Japanese horror a miss !
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]Anyone seen a Spanish horror called the Orphanage? Its pretty good, Id reccomend it or Rec. a really good one from Argentina, the Yanks have remade it which I havent seen but this is class.

Second this, watch these two if you like scary films. The Orphanage is more creepy, whereas Rec is gory. I had to sit up for ages after watching Rec as I was too scared to go to bed!!! The American remake is called Quarantine as it apparently pants.