Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Engerland v Slovakia

Anyone else taking the trouble to attend this match?

Comments

• big adverts in the metro for tickets.
  • If the weather is good then might go to Bromley v Bath City and then watch it on Setanta.
  • no going to Ukraine game though
  • yep taking the little fella with the rest of his sunday team.
  • At work until 6pm, will just make 2nd half on TV, not that fussed though as its a friendly.
  • yep - Just been given freebies by work. Haven't been to an England game at Wembley since Spain/England at Euro 96
  • I'm going with a few mates, thought we might as well as tickets were fairly cheap and have a good old drink as its on a saturday. Didn't feel at all silly this week when saw that the squad was announced for the FRIENDLY against Slovakia1
  • I see Harry's rant about Ledley King has paid off as King has just been sent home from the squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Didn't feel at all silly this week when saw that the squad was announced for the FRIENDLY against Slovakia1

looks ok to me:

england team
  • Going to the Ukraine game, don't do Friendly's !
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah about 8 or 9 are going (as always).

In my experience, although it's a bit more expensive, drinking in the ground is not a bad option, it's roomy and easy to get served, and beats standing six deep at the bar in the pubs around there (even going to Kingsbury before hand is proving chaos)

That's only for friendlies though, no alcohol at Qualifiers.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Didn't feel at all silly this week when saw that the squad was announced for the FRIENDLY against Slovakia1

looks ok to me:

england team

Sorry Adam, I was referring to the fact we only realised this week that it is a friendly
  • Dont do friendlies but will be at the Ukraine game.

Usual half day on the lash drinking at Great Portland St.
  • JTJT
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Afternoon Delight[/cite]

no alcohol at Qualifiers.

Really? Poor show. No wonder the atmosphere is woeful.
  • I cant believe there is no booze sold at the qualifiers.
    That is shocking - what is the reason for that?
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Didn't feel at all silly this week when saw that the squad was announced for the FRIENDLY against Slovakia1

looks ok to me:

england team

Sorry Adam, I was referring to the fact we only realised this week that it is a friendly

I only realised just now when i read your post.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I cant believe there is no booze sold at the qualifiers.

There's a great bar just over the road by Maccy ds, in the there for 12, out half before kickoff and back to let the crowds clear. dont give the greedy b*****s in the stadium your money, its a total rip off.
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I cant believe there is no booze sold at the qualifiers.

There's a great bar just over the road by Maccy ds, in the there for 12, out half before kickoff and back to let the crowds clear. dont give the greedy b*****s in the stadium your money, its a total rip off.

Sports Bar? Definitely my place of choice up there... huge marquee out the back and fairly easy to get a beer.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I cant believe there is no booze sold at the qualifiers.

Sports Bar? Definitely my place of choice up there... huge marquee out the back and fairly easy to get a beer.

Thats the place Medders, couldn't think of the name earlier. Half a dozen big screens, beer jugs, plenty of places to eat, it gets a bit a messy when you need the karzy. but hey ho!
  • Sponsored links:

• going next weds
  • Na, dont think i can be bothered.

lol. see you there.