Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PG Tips...and collecting cards

edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
Remember when they used to give away cards, that you would paste into albums?

They had an England one - football skills or somesuch theme . My old folks must have drunk about 300 gallons of tea, cos i remeber finishing the album.

Comments

• Fantastic memories - did all those. My Nan did actually drink 300 cups of splosh a day.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Fantastic memories - did all those. My Nan did actually drink 300 cups of splosh a day.[/quote]

Think im close to that
  • We used to collect those PG tips card but I preferred these
  • edited March 2009
    but these were my favourites.

Still have the money but alas no cards
  • My first panini was about 77/78
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]My first panini was about 77/78

panini%20football%2078%20complete.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]but these were my favourites.

Still have the money but alas no cards[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_427245 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]cw card.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

They were superb - probably the most bloody cards ever produced
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]but these were my favourites.

Still have the money but alas no cards[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_427245 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]cw card.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

They were superb - probably the most bloody cards ever produced

yeah, amazingly violent.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]My first panini was about 77/78

panini%20football%2078%20complete.jpg

Think I did that one...remember the metallic badges. I wonder how they printed them, ie each sticker was produced in the same quantity - because some players were like gold dust, whilst others were ridiculously common (ie you'd end up with 30 Mick Mahoneys in your pile, but a Don Masson would be rarer than hens teeth).
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll swap you that for a Mick Mahoney Adam!
  • got it, got it, got it, want it, got it, got it
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]got it, got it, got it, want it, got it, got it

got, got need, got, got, need badly!
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]got it, got it, got it, want it, got it, got it

Flicksies
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]got it, got it, got it, want it, got it, got it

no no no, no it!!

[cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]got it, got it, got it, want it, got it, got it

thats more like it.
  • There was a definite order to what they were worth.
    Obviously the foil team badges were worth more than a standard squad play, butthen if the squad player was to 'complete' a team you could easily swap 3 or 4 others for that.