Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Local Knowledge help required

DA9DA9
edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
Trying to locate this road, the first photo in this link, I think its the side view from Westcombe Hill etc, facing towards what is now the Blackwall Tunnel approach (houses on the hill in the background in Eastcombe Avenue/Bramshot Avenue IMO)

Kirkside Road anybody?

I know someone has answered it, but I think their wrong as the hill in the background is too steep for that end of Westcombe Hill to be Denham Street.

Help

Comments

• Options
    I agree with the respondent on the article.

To me it looks like a view from Denham Street looking across Woolwich Road to the bottom of Halstow Road - so that the school would be on the left side of Halstow Road if you crossed the main road and went up the hill towards Humber Road.
  • Options
    yep. i think the shop on the corner is ralph alister insurance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]I agree with the respondent on the article.

To me it looks like a view from Denham Street looking across Woolwich Road to the bottom of Halstow Road - so that the school would be on the left side of Halstow Road if you crossed the main road and went up the hill towards Humber Road.

Nice work, looking at google streetview, your correct (and so is the correspondent) the shop is still there (insurance now) and the two chimneys at the top of the shop give it away.