Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parkinson: We haven't had any loan bids yet

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4233426.Parkinson__We_haven_t_had_any_loan_bids_yet/

Comments

• weaver and rudolph to go then... Elliot first choice good stuff.
  • can we loan a manager??
  • Parkinson: For Some Reason No One Wants Our Underperforming, Overpaid Players
  • I'm not surprised, you can get them all for nothing at the end of the season!
  • Parkinson: “There won’t be anyone coming in on loan. There is no money available because I've knocked it all out on twats like Buttercup, Gillespie, Waghorn, Burton, Soares, Spring etc"
  • Didn't think Waghorn did too bad personally.
  • Had a blinder against Derby, was two bob other than that in the limited games played imo
  • [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Didn't think Waghorn did too bad personally.

Neither did I. Would have him back next season as well.
  • He looked pretty useful at QPR
  • wots wrong with the rest of the League !! not coming in for any of our players ? cant they see the league table ? cant they see the wages ? ----------------------------------
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    oooooooooooooooooooooo dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Weaver will go because of wages.

I guess we will offer Gandalf something but he might reckon he can get a first choice gig elsewhere.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Didn't think Waghorn did too bad personally.[/quote]

He was awful at QPR as he was at Norwich.
  • what a depressing read. Why is this twat still monitoring other players situations etc.

Please, please Newshopper mate ask him some pertinent questions ie 'Phil (Mr Parkinson if you must) many fans are wondering why you are persisting with loan players at right back whilst Yassin doesn't get a look in' or 'Phil, do you not think that your record of two wins in 25 games is deplorable. Doesn't this make your position as Manager untenable? As much as 90% of Charlton fans think it does'. Wouldn't that be more fun instead of a non story about non existant loans.
  • edited March 2009
    Realistically ZZ will move on. It’s a difficult one because of the finances at the club, but hopefully we will offer him a contract

that's good - at least we'll explore the possibilty of keeping him.
    ZZ is a player we would love to keep but we have to be realistic in this economic climate

not sure we can blame not being able to keep players on the current economic climate! that may be overlooking our recent over-spending and relegations.
  • Christ i bet his pre match talks are a bundle of laughs and positive.. "Come On Lads You can win today were better then them.... but On the other hand looking around the team i dont think were good enough but its the econmic situation we face, i would like you to play well but thats football if we get hammerd i guess"

How was this bloke been allowed to get away with this, its getting so bad its almost starting to be funny....
  • edited March 2009
    Although I could see a bit of promise in Waghorn, I'm surprised at the praise for his performances.

I thought it was one of Parky's better decisions to drop him after the QPR game. Don't think he started after that and only sat on the bench.

Looked like he might be a good player in a year or two but he was like a boy trying to do a man's job, I thought. Shelvey is at least a year younger but already looks a far more talented and mature footballer, IMO.
  • [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    Realistically ZZ will move on. It’s a difficult one because of the finances at the club, but hopefully we will offer him a contract

that's good - at least we'll explore the possibilty of keeping him.
    ZZ is a player we would love to keep but we have to be realistic in this economic climate

not sure we can blame not being able to keep players on the current economic climate! that may be overlooking our recent over-spending and relegations.

but Kins says different, perhaps they should get their stories straight !!

ZZ Off[/url
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]what a depressing read. Why is this twat still monitoring other players situations etc.

Please, please Newshopper mate ask him some pertinent questions ie 'Phil (Mr Parkinson if you must) many fans are wondering why you are persisting with loan players at right back whilst Yassin doesn't get a look in' or 'Phil, do you not think that your record of two wins in 25 games is deplorable. Doesn't this make your position as Manager untenable? As much as 90% of Charlton fans think it does'. Wouldn't that be more fun instead of a non story about non existant loans.

Only 90%?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]what a depressing read. Why is this twat still monitoring other players situations etc.

I have a bit of an interest in the NFL and going on an american football team's website it's so clear that they are miles better than english football teams at PR and responding to what the fans want to know and want answered. I know we don't have the website budget of an NFL team but english sport could learn so much from what they do over there.

Large complains that the local press won't necessarily ask questions that fans want to hear, the NFL team I 'follow' do it themselves. The people who run the official website have a lot of access to the manager, the players, the chairman etc and actually seem to ask difficult questions. They're not afraid to say 'the fans don't understand why you let this guy go', 'is it true that you have a problem with so-and-so', 'how do you respond to this former player criticising you', or 'people are worried this player's injuries are more serious than suggested'. They're hardly giving the interviewee a really tough time, but they enter into some type of debate about it and put alternative views across.

Of course the reporting is done positively just like our very own propaganda-filled OS, and i only have experience of one team's site, but this was the last thing I'd expected from a part of the American media, and english teams could learn from it.
  • Makes me worry when I think of the kind of cheap shit he is probably monitering, Weymouth springs to mind. I don't know why but I really think someone like Simeon Jackson from the Gills would be a good cheap buy as a goal scoring striker, thats considering they don't get promoted as he may want to stay then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Weavers profile on the OS says he signed a three year deal when he joined us, so who's wrong, the OS or Parky?
  • I don't quite know what people expect him to say?
    Yes they will all stay, that we have so much money we dont know on who to spend it next.
    He is just tellling it as it is, a lot will have to go because we will not afford there wages in league 1, we cant get rid of most at the moment because a. no one wants to take on the huge wages they are and b. there shite and not good value for that money.
    How many of them did he spend money on? None, yet it is his fault
    What has he been given to spend? nothing he has brought in 2 freebies spring and burton
    So he has played the loan system.
    IMO he has been unlucky what he had wasnt good enough, what he tried has been better but has also fell short.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Weavers profile on the OS says he signed a three year deal when he joined us, so who's wrong, the OS or Parky?

Then he's not out of contract ......... but from what is being said, it's evidently agreed by both Weaver and the club that he'll leave in the summer.

If they get a fee, great. But if not, it still frees up the budget for 3 more 2 bob players.
  • Hopefully we can loan him out, then forget where we sent him to.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Weavers profile on the OS says he signed a three year deal when he joined us, so who's wrong, the OS or Parky?

Probably an optional year, but when he signed 3 years sounds better and they assume everything would work out and he'd be here for at least 3 years.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Weavers profile on the OS says he signed a three year deal when he joined us, so who's wrong, the OS or Parky?

Probably an optional year, but when he signed 3 years sounds better and they assume everything would work out and he'd be here for at least 3 years.

I believe an optional 3rd year in our favour which we didn't expect to exercise because we'd be in the PL with Buffon in goal.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Weavers profile on the OS says he signed a three year deal when he joined us, so who's wrong, the OS or Parky?

I believe an optional 3rd year in our favour which we didn't expect to exercise because we'd be in the PL with a Buffoon in goal.

We've mostly been lucky with goalkeepers.

;o)
  • Instead we've got Youga the buffoon!
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]buffoon!

I havnt herd that since i was at school, its what my maths teacher used to call me...memories..