Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steak houses in London

Help needed....

Anyone been to Sophies steakhouse in covent garden if so Is it any good?

Any others you could recommend?

Cheers

Comments

• Gauchos
  • Goucho Grill is excellent, Gracechurch St, Broadgate, Canary Wharf and at the O2. Probably one up west too.
    Boisdales, a Scottish restaurant in Victoria is v good too for steaks. Live Jazz there too some nights.
  • Not been there. Can't go wrong with Goucho which are all over. Best one I've been to is Hawksmoor in Shoreditch. Have to order your beef 24 hours in advance!
  • Anyone remember The Greenwich Steak House on the one-way system? Had some nights in there when I used to work at Barclays SE10, just a mere 25 years ago! <shock>
  • edited March 2009
    Hawksmoor is ok if you're young, trendy and don't really expect good old fashioned service. Food is good though, it's just that I'm a bit of an old fud.
  • Grub was amazing in Hawksmoor. Also like the benches style tables. Seb from Media was in there though with his pals, celebrating the purchase of his new 911 so it does have it's drawbacks.
  • Maxwells on James Street near covent garden.

The Rock garden.

Road House.

Joe Allans (Best)
  • Always say Gaucho - love the place. Been to the one in Piccadilly, Chancery Lane and Tower Bridge. Broadgate is next week for the missus' birthday.
  • I 100% do not recommend any of those aberdeen angus steak houses - They're distinctly average!
  • Gaucho been to the one at the O2 and Canary Wharf, and it's quality
  • Sponsored links:

• Whatever happened to Berni Inns?
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Whatever happened to Berni Inns?

Snorbits ate him..
  • this place has just opened in Throgmorton and theres one in marylebone... so not covent garden, so no help really.

Just for city bods really. its 19 quid and you only get one choice of starter of a salad and then steak and chips... no choice - well the only choice you get is how you like your steak done. apparently the steak comes out in two servings as soooo huge!! cant wait to try. plus 20% off till the end of march.

city steak lovers
  • Joe Allen's
    Lyons Corner House (if you have a time machine).
  • I remember the little steak house in Welling high street many years ago, can anyone remember the name?
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I remember the little steak house in Welling high street many years ago, can anyone remember the name?

Just remembered...Myers, that was quality in the 80's
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I remember the little steak house in Welling high street many years ago, can anyone remember the name?

Is that where KFC is now?
  • another blast from past great afternoons on it......The Venus Steakhouse bethnal green then Metropolis......
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I remember the little steak house in Welling high street many years ago, can anyone remember the name?

Is that where KFC is now?

Not sure, only a few feet from where the New Cross Turnpike is.
  • Gaucho, Rivington Grill or Smiths of Smithfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks fellas for the info.

Cheers
  • not sure if mentioned but Othellos in Greenwich is good
  • If your in the moorgate/old street area, city road bar and grill is good.
    And you have for your eyes only a few doors down for after!
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]not sure if mentioned but Othellos in Greenwich is good

Yeah thats a tidy little gaff, opposite Arches, we went there for Mortains birthday a few years back, our scottish waiter dude was an absolute leg end.
  • othellos tho, maze hill innit..............
  • edited March 2009
    merlins or mellins?? in eltham high street by WH smiths used to charge a bomb for there steaks
  • Zorbas in Welling (used to be the Olympus Steakhouse) does lovely steaks and also look after kids well (unlike most restaurants)

Gauchos is quality but a bit lumpy.

I treated myself to a steak at Smith & Wollenskys whilst out in Las Vegas. . . . $53 just for the cut of meat!
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Zorbas in Welling (used to be the Olympus Steakhouse) does lovely steaks and also look after kids well (unlike most restaurants)

Gauchos is quality but a bit lumpy.

I treated myself to a steak at Smith & Wollenskys whilst out in Las Vegas. . . . $53 just for the cut of meat!

My other half was in Tokyo last year and she had some of that washabi (sic) beef , very expensive
  • had a Wasabi burger - wasnt anything special.

felt fecking robbed!
  • Not up town, but i've been in Millers & Carters a few times lately, used to be the beefeater at the jacobean barn, nice bit of grub (although didn't order steak either time).