Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonjo + England U 17s

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Jonjo Shelvey was part of the England Under 17s who beat Portugal Under 17s 1-0 today in Hungary. Well done, Jonjo.

Comments

• Short report on FA site
    England
    1 Jed Steer, 2 James Hurst, 3 Luke Garbutt, 4 Gary Gardner, 5 Louis Laing, 6 Tom Parkes, 7 Jonjo Shelvey, 8 Jose Baxter, 10 Luke Freeman, 14 John Bostock, 16 Lateef Elford-Alliyu

Substitutes
    13 Sam Johnstone, 9 Benik Afobe, 11 Thomas Ince, 12 Josh McEachran, 17 Jacob Walcott, 18 Sam Habergham

Portugal
    12 Joao Figueiredo, 2 Joao Amorim Gomes, 3 Richardo Ferreira, 4 Miluel Serudic, 5 Andre Dias, 6 Sergio Oliveira, 7 Aliu Djalo, 8 Ruben Pinto, 9 Filipe Barros, 10 William Carvalmo, 15 Afonso Taira

Substitutes
    1 Pedro Cavadas Ferreira, 11 Luis Gustavo Santos, 13 Luis Martins, 14 David Viana, 16 Fabio Nunes, 17 Tiago Romeira, 18 Tiago Ribeiro

Paul Ince's son Thomas and Jacob Walcott Theo's cousin on the bench.
  • Paul Ince's lad is a good player so JonJo is doing well . . .
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Paul Ince's son Thomas and Jacob Walcott Theo's cousin on the bench.

sign em up if we get Incey..
  • A couple of Arsenal mates of mine (sorry Goonerhater), reckon that Benik Afobe is going to be a world class striker within a few years.
  • Who does Ince jnr play for?
  • A couple of Charlton mates of mine reckon that Chris Dickson is going to be a world class striker overnight.

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A couple of Arsenal mates of mine (sorry Goonerhater), reckon that Benik Afobe is going to be a world class striker within a few years.

Don't they think all their youngsters are fantastic and the next big thing though...!
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A couple of Arsenal mates of mine (sorry Goonerhater), reckon that Benik Afobe is going to be a world class striker within a few years.

Don't they think all their youngsters are fantastic and the next big thing though...!

Well to be fair a lot of their youngsters are, but this kid is supposed to be something special. He apparently equalled Michael Owens England under 16 scoring record and is the youngest ever player to play in Arsenals reserve team.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A couple of Arsenal mates of mine (sorry Goonerhater), reckon that Benik Afobe is going to be a world class striker within a few years.

Well to be fair a lot of their youngsters are, but this kid is supposed to be something special. He apparently equalled Michael Owens England under 16 scoring record and is the youngest ever player to play in Arsenals reserve team.

The next Freddy Adu maybe......

or Cherno Samba......
  • I think Millwall turned down our bid for Cherno samba.