Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beirut

Just wondered if anyone had been there?

Just at Beirut airport after 5 days business here, I have to say it is one of the best cities I have been to.

Great Nightlife, Great food and gorgeous looking women!

I would recommend it to anyone wanting something different and its only 5 hours from London.

Coming back in June and cant wait to try out the open air nightclubs that some of the buildings have.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]
    Coming back in June and cant wait to try out the open air nightclubs that some of the buildings have.

;-)
  • Coming back in June and cant wait to try out the open air nightclubs that some of the buildings have.

Are they a consequence of Israeli bombing?
  • edited March 2009
    Was meant to speak at a conference there two years ago on the subject of 'censorship in the arts'. The Lebanese govt. refused me entry because I had a couple of Israeli visas in my passport.

Since this debacle, the UK Passport Office has allowed me to have two passports so I can avoid such visa issues.

I tried to make the Lebanese embassy see the irony of them banning me from speaking at a conference on censorship , but they didn't seem to get the point at all!

And I'm still waiting for them to invite me back to Beirut, so I can use the second passport facility.
  • get me a one way ticket...

W020051228488816546082.jpg
  • Ha Ha to be honest you dont see much signs of the bad times.

The muslims and the christians get on ok since syria left, the goverment is split 50/50 between the two. lots of new building work going on, some very nice flats

lots of what they call superclubs - which are popoluar with the older single men, you can probably work out what goes on there!

Lots of top dj's now come and play here, and the people here party very hard, my liver is killing me!

The bad press the place has is a shame, I was a little worried before coming but I travelled around with a lebanese guy who I do business with and went outside of beirut into the mountains and down to byblos and it is a cracking place.
  • Yeah I've always wanted to to to Beirut and Tel Aviv, heard some awsume partys go off out there
  • most the middle east is pretty good if you know people, kuwait and Saudi which are both 'dry' have some wicked house parties where anything and everything is available.

To be honest i need a break, 2 weeks business in london followed by a week in beirut is a bitg much, I am all shished out
  • yep Doha night life is legendry