Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League Hall of Fame

Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry are the first 2 inductees to the new Premier League Hall of Fame. A shortlist of 23 former players will also be announced and six of those will be inducted into the 2021 Hall of Fame, with fans able to vote for their choice.

Alan Shearer & Thierry Henry inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame - BBC Sport

I can't help but think that Ryan Giggs would have been there instead of Henry if the current situation in his personal life wasn't occurring...

Comments

• Personally I agree with Shearer & Henry as the first two inductees. Shearer as the PL top scorer and Henry as the overall best PL player. I can see the case for Giggs based to a large extent on his longevity but I wouldn't put him above Shearer or Henry.
  • Giggs for number of league titles (I’m guessing he has the most, but could be Scholes). Shearer and Henry to kick off the hall of fame is more than fair. 
  • hard to argue against the 2 selected that's for sure
  • Ross said:
    Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry are the first 2 inductees to the new Premier League Hall of Fame. A shortlist of 23 former players will also be announced and six of those will be inducted into the 2021 Hall of Fame, with fans able to vote for their choice.

Alan Shearer & Thierry Henry inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame - BBC Sport

I can't help but think that Ryan Giggs would have been there instead of Henry if the current situation in his personal life wasn't occurring...
    unfortunate that Henry will also be long remembered for the deliberate hand ball that put Ireland out of a World Cup
  • And Shearer for elbowing John Fortune, well Charlton fans will.
  • Would have gone with Gareth Barry (record appearances) and Alan Shearer (record goalscorer) first but Henry does deserve to be in there
  • Ross said:

unfortunate that Henry will also be long remembered for the deliberate hand ball that put Ireland out of a World Cup
    Good on him.
  • Surprised Amdy Faye isn’t one of the two but what do I know.
  • Ross said:

No he won't. 
  • The other 23 names are now out to vote the 6 to join Shearer and Henry:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2102708

Schmeichel, Keane, Vieira, Lampard, Andy Cole and Scholes for me. Close for Bergkamp and Gerrard too.

Still no Giggs.
  • Sponsored links:

• The idea of a 'hall of fame' for something less than 30 years old is mad by the way.