Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

21-22 Season Budget Poll

Just a poll to see where you all think Thomas will fare in next season's league table of squad spending?
(Assuming League One)

1-4
5-8
9-12
13-24

Comments

• 1-4 will be necessary, if 5 (now 4/4.5) year plan stands a fair chance. So many decent freebies out there mind, this coming summer, so may not need too many sizeable fees. May be more about wages etc
  • edited May 2021
    All of the above
  • I reckon .... There’ll be a big clear out. We have lots of deadwood in the squad to get rid of

I reckon ... we’ll have a windfall from the sale of Nick Pope

I reckon .... we’ll have 10-15 new players. Some will be free transfers, some loans and we’ll buy a few. Thomas will spend a few Bob but not a massive amount

In answer to your question ... 1-4. 

Biggest spenders will be Ipswich. If Sunderland don’t go up, they’ll spend. Can’t see many other clubs spending big. Sheffield Wednesday will make do with what they have, if they go. As will Derby. It’ll be a massive blow for them to be relegated

• A   1-4.  Wouldn't surprise me if we are in the top 2 of spenders for the new season. 
  • 5 to 8

Wigan, Ipswich, Sunderland and Wednesday will spend more but necessarily more wisely
  • 5-8 definitely.
  • Depends what you mean by spend.  We will have a top six wage bill, like we have had this season.

I wouldn't even like to hazard a guess at transfer out lay because the evidence so far suggests one thing, the rhetoric another. 

We will spend more than most and less than others. 
  • 1-4
    5 to 8

Wigan, Ipswich, Sunderland and Wednesday will spend more but necessarily more wisely
    Wigan won't be splurging having just come out of admin, while Ipswich are now owned by a foreign pension fund, so I can't see them massively spending either
  • I’m expecting 5-8 but hoping we recruit well enough to outperform our budget.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-4
    5 to 8

Wigan won't be splurging having just come out of admin, while Ipswich are now owned by a foreign pension fund, so I can't see them massively spending either
    The people who have bought Ipswich need to spend, initially.  They haven't bought it to spend millions wallowing in league 1.  Ipswich, like us, can't survive in league 1, let alone thrive. 
  • 1-4
    5 to 8

Their new owners will be as keen as ours to get out of this division and they have really wiped the slate clean so won't have a lot of players from the past on relatively big money.
  • A I reckon
  • it ain't what you spend, it's what you spend it on .. three quality players one in each area of the team will do us nicely if we are still in L1 .. to succeed in the Champ will need a BIG investment in the squad to even avoid the straight back drop. AND no loans please
  • Heart says 5 - 8
    Charlton head says 1 - 4 
  • edited May 2021
    Has to be 1-4 really.

Need to get at least 4 quality players for this level for the spine of the team. A partner for Inniss, 2 good midfielders (one defensive, one creative) and a goalscorer. The rest of the team i think can be filled out with good freebies and a couple of loans. Based on Gallagher and Maatsen i'd like to think we're in Chelsea's good books and we'll be near the top of the list if they're sending a teenager on loan.

As others have said, the likes of Ipswich and Sunderland (if they blow it again) will be the biggest spenders, and will likely be looking for the same players as us.
  • edited May 2021
    Has to be 1-4 really.

Need to get at least 4 quality players for this level for the spine of the team. A partner for Inniss, 2 good midfielders (one defensive, one creative) and a goalscorer. The rest of the team i think can be filled out with good freebies and a couple of loans.

As others have said, the likes of Ipswich and Sunderland (if they blow it again) will be the biggest spenders, and will likely be looking for the same players as us.
    Do we mean number of players coming in or millions spent ? I assumed the latter. If it’s 1 - 4 players were fecked.
  • Hopefully it's going to be 1/4 on the spending front, the best of this league with some quality loans. Cross everything. 
  • Has to be 1-4 really.

Need to get at least 4 quality players for this level for the spine of the team. A partner for Inniss, 2 good midfielders (one defensive, one creative) and a goalscorer. The rest of the team i think can be filled out with good freebies and a couple of loans.

Do we mean number of players coming in or millions spent ? I assumed the latter. If it’s 1 - 4 players were fecked.
    Question (unless i've misunderstood it) is "where will we fare in next season's league table of squad spending"

Nothing about number of players signed or the amount we'll spend.
  • Has to be 1-4 really.

Question (unless i've misunderstood it) is "where will we fare in next season's league table of squad spending"

Nothing about number of players signed or the amount we'll spend.
    Yep. I got it wrong twice 
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends if you include existing players.  Likes of Weds will have highly paid existing squad not all of which will be out of contract so may have a bigger spend for legacy reasons.  I expect 5-8 and closer to 8.  Reliance on Gallen and Adkins out performing.

The difference could be if Nick Pope goes for big money and we get a large sell on.
  • Definitely 1-4 but first things first . Let’s get rid of the useless squad we have . I can only think of 3 or 4 that’s I’d retain . 

• Wednesday or Derby will be truly f##ked in league one. Their existing wages will kill either of them. I cant say they dont deserve it though 🤭 I can see whatever one goes down will go into freefall 
  • edited May 2021
    1-4 if Burnley sell Pope. Something they are keen to do as they have identified a need a squad rebuilding. They want £45m which may be ambitious but we are in line for in excess of 20%.
  • He'll look to spend smart rather than just signing blank cheques. I reckon group B for fees, but perhaps we might be higher payers salary wise.
  • Lets hope we do spend, and not go for out of contract cast offs and young inexperienced players from the Prem. Too many of both leaves you with a threadbare squad.
  • Depends if you include existing players.  Likes of Weds will have highly paid existing squad not all of which will be out of contract so may have a bigger spend for legacy reasons.  I expect 5-8 and closer to 8.  Reliance on Gallen and Adkins out performing.

The difference could be if Nick Pope goes for big money and we get a large sell on.
    Wednesday have a lot of players out of contract, which will help them but mean a big rebuild is needed

Derby on the other hand have a lot of players under contract, many on big wages. Bielik is under contract until 2024 for example
  • A, but we'll be outspent by the Massives
  • It isnt what you spend that counts, its what you spend it on imo