Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tramshed comedy nights (now)

Anyone been going to the new Tramshed Comedy nights ?
I have been to the first 2 (last Saturday of each month) and must say its a great tenners worth!

Link for anyone interested.http://www.woolwichcomedy.com/

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Brings back a few memories for me.
    Used to go there regularly in the early 80's to see the Fundation; Joe Griffith, Hale & Pace, Terry Morrison, Victy Silva et al.
    Used to be a great night out.
    Always thought Hale & Pace were quite lame when they made it big; their best stuff was done at the Fundation IMO.
    Brilliant selection of real ales then too.

Sorry C4E you did say NOW!! Just ignore me.
  • That's fine six-a bag because the Compere still refers back to the "great history of comedy" at the Tramshed. Its a good nite out if anyone is stuck on a Saturday at the end of the month.

Also loved the 70's/80's acts, and Splodgenessabounds was always a great laugh! :)
  • Yes, indeed. Joe Griffiths, Hale, Pace and Morrison at the weekend and Splodgenessabounds whenever they were in town - what a combination! Max Splodge still plays, but not with that formidable band of Baby Greensleeves, Winston Forbe, Desert Island Joe etc.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Yes, indeed. Joe Griffiths, Hale, Pace and Morrison at the weekend and Splodgenessabounds whenever they were in town - what a combination! Max Splodge still plays, but not with that formidable band of Baby Greensleeves, Winston Forbe, Desert Island Joe etc.[/quote]

Whats that funny noise ?
  • edited March 2009
    didn't know about these nights, ta for mentioning them. (there's no history here, but there's also comedy nights in Plumstead these days - they'll be having running water around there soon! :-))
  • might check it out Sands, sadly up the creek has gone down the pan since Malcom departed for the comedy club in the sky.
  • I never knew about the comedy on the common, so cheers InspectorSands - and I can def recommend the Tramshed.
  • Miserable oldish,

What's that funny noise? Might be my ex-girlfriend. I remember falling in love with a female plumber from Harlesden, NW10.
  • well it's alright for you as

"I've got lots of famous people lying dormant under the floorboards of my humble abode"

Great days!
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Brings back a few memories for me.
    Used to go there regularly in the early 80's to see the Fundation; Joe Griffith, Hale & Pace, Terry Morrison, Victy Silva et al.
    Used to be a great night out.
    Always thought Hale & Pace were quite lame when they made it big; their best stuff was done at the Fundation IMO.
    Brilliant selection of real ales then too.

Sorry C4E you did say NOW!! Just ignore me.

Yes I got called up on stage with Hale & Pace a couple of times.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Fundation was always a good night..... I always seemed to enjoy Victy Silva's outfits, as for the Ale, I had some serious hangovers, I always seemed to volunteer to get in early and secure a table.....
  • PeteF - that's if you could get to the bar!
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]I always seemed to enjoy Victy Silva's outfits

2357692449_ed0d337907.jpg?v=0