Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good luck Sunderland

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'll be cheering for Sunderland. Reckon they deserve it after being twice foiled by us.
  • Options
    Sunderland deserve nothing
    If they can perform over 3 games, so be it.
    Maybe it suits us best cos they're far and and away the best supported of the 4 and they'll take the biggest budget out of the division for next season.  Ain't no guarantee of success, as they've proved, but salary budget is one consistent factor for promoted teams.  The more pissy little teams in this division, with meagre support, the better for Charlton.
  • Options
    Good luck Sunderland.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Good luck to 'em all, as it's not us, not really bothered actually who gets there, all I do know is that whoever it is will have deserved it over the three games, I know Sunderland will breath easier knowing their nemesis are not in the mix.
  • Options
    cant see it....think it will be most likely Blackpool as they are in form but of course it’s a lottery
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I hope Sunderland do it.  Know a few Mackems and they are ok.

They do choke faster than a threpenny bit whore though!
  • Options
    Hope Sunderland do it after what they've been through but I wouldn't bet on it. 
  • Options
    Oxford have just a strong a case for saying they deserve it, seeing that of the playoff teams they're the only one who were also in the playoffs last season, somehow losing to Wycombe in the final
  • Options
    Oxford have just a strong a case for saying they deserve it, seeing that of the playoff teams they're the only one who were also in the playoffs last season, somehow losing to Wycombe in the final
    On that basis, we have a strong case for saying we deserve it because we were in the championship last year. 

Oxford have a strong case for deserving promotion if they win the play offs this year. Last year is irrelevant 
  • Options
    Hope Oxford go up actually never got the hating of Robinson and at least the majority of the players give a toss. 
    I don't I hate him as a manager his football was boring at charlton and talks so much rubbish. I was do happy when he left us. I'm hoping it's Sunderland that goes up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lincoln Blackpool final. Lincoln win it.
  • Options
    On that basis, we have a strong case for saying we deserve it because we were in the championship last year. 

Oxford have a strong case for deserving promotion if they win the play offs this year. Last year is irrelevant 
    I was countering the "pro Sunderland" arguments here, rather than stating a preference for Oxford.
  • Options
    I'd love to see Lincoln in the premier league in 2022.
  • Options
    I hope Sunderland go up because of how well their supporters handled the play-off final defeats.
    However, Blackpool and Oxford are in fantastic form so think one of them will go up.
    Hopefully Blackpool will do it as it will erase the possibility of going to that awful town.
  • Options
    On 8 November 2015, I saw Lincoln get stuffed 5-3 by Whitehawk in the 1st Round of the FA Cup. They are moving a few divisions apart, especially if Lincoln go up.
  • Options
    On 8 November 2015, I saw Lincoln get stuffed 5-3 by Whitehawk in the 1st Round of the FA Cup. They are moving a few divisions apart, especially if Lincoln go up.
    I was visiting my mum and went to see Lincoln at home at Sincil Bank about 15 years ago.  It was possibly the most bored I have ever been at a football match.  And I've been to a lot of Charlton games.
  • Options
    Sunderland for me. After both defeats I found their fans to be a cut above. 
  • Options
    Don't care :blush:
  • Options
    Fully behind the Makems. Class fans and a proud tradition. It's their turn and if they can gird their loins for three more games, I don't see why they shouldn't get through a two-legged game against Lincoln and beat Oxford or Blackpool in the final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Want the Mackems to win it, will never forget a young lad of about 8/9 outside Wembley after 2019 crying his eyes out but shaking the hands of every Charlton fan that walked past, saying well done, I hope they do it for him.
    No way, the crying little sh*t should man up.

joking

their supporters were very gracious in defeat (twice) and I hope they go up for that reason. Although I think Blackpool will do it.
  • Options
    To be beaten twice in the playoff final by the same team is a bitter pill to swallow but they were gracious in defeat more so than most clubs fans imo. I hope the club send them good luck messages as they deserve it this time 
  • Options
    Lincoln, Oxford and Blackpool have all been managed by........

• Options
    Our window cleaner is a big Oxford United fan. I have to try to avoid talking to him as he can talk for hours about them and football in general. First time he came and after I had escaped back into the house after a long football chat, he rang the doorbell 10 minutes later as he wanted to show me a photo on his phone of his son meeting Karl Robinson before one of their games. I suspect the two of them will be distraught if Oxford don't win the playoffs!
  • Options
    Come on Sunderland, its your turn. Great fans who have always been generous in defeat. Great club who should be regularly challenging amongst the big boys (like us). Good luck to you.