Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Really enjoyed that.
    Thought his comments about "Pal" very amusing. 
    Obviously difficult for a young lad coming to a country with a different culture.  
  • I have a feeling he’ll be back next season

• _MrDick said:
    I have a feeling he’ll be back next season

I'd be very welcoming of that. 

He's clearly a good lad and never shys away from hard work.
  • Too small at 5 ft 6? Isn’t messi the same height?
  • Good video that. Likeable fella, I wish him well whether he's ever plays for us again or not. Most surprising thing for me was how old Torre Andre Flo is looking nowadays.
  • He’s always had a good work ethic and looks like he’s hungry and has an edge .
    Wherever he ends up good luck to him , good attitude from the kid .
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like his flat is in Woolwich by the ferry 

His Dad is a unit !!!
  • Really well made vid. Good luck to the kid.
  • Great video that, really interesting to see how a loan works from the perspective of the player AND the parent club

When they mentioned that Chelsea produce technical players, I'm glad they showed a clip of Gilbey's goal vs Plymouth, and not the hoofball we played against Accrington!
  • Chelski player end of ! 
  • Chelski player end of ! 
    Thanks for your input 
  • Good lad. Always gave 100%. Young player who will improve
  • Clearly I’ve been spoilt by the quality served up by  valley pass this season but I thought that video was like watching paint dry...I couldn’t wait for it to end. In fact, I didn’t...
  • Good watch that, still has a lot to learn, but has good qualities too. Not sure if I'd want him next season tho. 
  • I want to thank everyone at , from staff, to teammates for a beautiful period in which I was given the opportunity to grow as a professional. Also I’d like to thank the fans who showed their support and love, even without their presence at the games. All the best

• Sponsored links:

• Looks like his flat is in Woolwich by the ferry 

His Dad is a unit !!!
    I love the way his Dad is so happy for him and so proud of his lad.

Proper Dad, he is!

• I thought that was great. I hate to say it, but Chelsea's development of their (way too many) talented kids, is first rate. All three of them, Maatsen, Gallagher, da Silva, were a joy to watch technically and all three displayed a great attitude too. In the autumn alongside Famewo and  Inniss, I thought he was literally faultless, and might end up as my POTY. You can't expect so much from an 18 year old though, especially as the injuries took their toll and they didn't dare rest him. 

Personally I'd love to see him back, but I fear that this would only have happened if we'd gone up. I think that's the Chelsea way, they will want to see him step up a level next season, and who could argue with that as a principal. Either way, it's been a pleasure Ian and I hope you go on to be an outstanding success in the game.
  • I thought that was great. I hate to say it, but Chelsea's development of their (way too many) talented kids, is first rate. All three of them, Maatsen, Gallagher, da Silva, were a joy to watch technically and all three displayed a great attitude too. In the autumn alongside Famewo and  Inniss, I thought he was literally faultless, and might end up as my POTY. You can't expect so much from an 18 year old though, especially as the injuries took their toll and they didn't dare rest him. 

Personally I'd love to see him back, but I fear that this would only have happened if we'd gone up. I think that's the Chelsea way, they will want to see him step up a level next season, and who could argue with that as a principal. Either way, it's been a pleasure Ian and I hope you go on to be an outstanding success in the game.
    Chelsea seem to move them up the levels when they are ready which Gallagher clearly was this season to go the PL.

Da Silva did go back to Chelsea after the 1st season and then came back the following because it was right felt he was not ready. At the end of the 2nd season he clearly was. I think that is where Maatsen is at.
  • I'd be shocked if he went on to be a Chelsea regular, that said it wouldn't surprise me if he did make it to the PL (or equivalent top league) some day, seems to be the type to keep working hard especially when you've been told you'll never make it. I'd absolutely take him back next season but would imagine there would be a Champ club willing to take him on.
  • colthe3rd said:
    I'd be shocked if he went on to be a Chelsea regular, that said it wouldn't surprise me if he did make it to the PL (or equivalent top league) some day, seems to be the type to keep working hard especially when you've been told you'll never make it. I'd absolutely take him back next season but would imagine there would be a Champ club willing to take him on.
    I'd be surprised as well. Jay Dasilva ended up at Bristol City, and I can see Maatsen ending up at a similar level or a low level PL team. His height will count against him you imagine
  • Very enjoyable. Thanks for posting. 
  • colthe3rd said:
    I'd be shocked if he went on to be a Chelsea regular, that said it wouldn't surprise me if he did make it to the PL (or equivalent top league) some day, seems to be the type to keep working hard especially when you've been told you'll never make it. I'd absolutely take him back next season but would imagine there would be a Champ club willing to take him on.
    I thought DaSilva showed more promise than Maatsen. 

Think he'll go on to have a decent career